- 26 -

«What is this?» Minho teased. «Don't tell me the mighty king Seonghwa of Choi is actually nervous about getting married?»

«Shut up, Lino,» Seonghwa said glaring at him.

Minho just rolled his eyes and kept it up, of course. Seonghwa was totally on edge. The evening before had made it so. But in a good way. Seonghwa couldn't wait to see her walk up the aisle of the chapel.

Hyunjin and Felix watched Seonghwa trying really hard to be the stoic king he always had been. The calm and strong king that everyone could rely on. But right now he was just a nervous groom waiting for his bride. It was heartwarming.

«Remember our wedding day?» Felix whispered to his husband.

Hyunjin smiled at him. Of course, he remembered.

«Every minute of it. The best day of my life.»

They squeezed each other's hands. They had been so nervous about coming back to Choi but now that they were here, it felt free, it felt right, it was still a good place to be.

A sigh went through the chapel as the music started. Hyunjin and Felix couldn't see the bride yet, so Felix looked toward the groom. He elbowed Hyunjin and nodded. Hyunjin got to see it too. The king had trouble staying king. Obvious tears were brimming in his eyes, he didn't even try to dry them as his bride came closer. The king of Astoria was accompanying his daughter and it was a magical moment when they arrived in the front, one king giving her hand to another king.

Hyunjin could see his brother mouth some quiet words to his bride. He was pretty sure Seonghwa was telling her how beautiful she looked. And she truly did. Her dress was exquisite, fitted to perfection on the top half, the bottom half an enormous skirt with who knows how many layers beneath. The dress covered her like she always wanted her clothes to do, but you wouldn't really notice it. It was so beautiful. The sleeves were long, the neck partially covered, and the veil... It was long, like it should be for a royal, only secured with small pins. Hyunjin knew why there was no diadem. She would be crowned after the wedding part of this ceremony.

The ceremony was formal but beautiful, incorporating traditions from both Astoria and Choi. When the couple had been blessed and prayed for, there was the much-awaited moment. Though, Ivy's family and friends thought they knew that it would never happen. There were cheers and applause throughout the chapel when the newlyweds leaned towards each other, their lips meeting for several seconds. They both smiled a shy smile blushing afterward, but that didn't take away from the experience. Quite the opposite.

«Oh my god, they are falling in love,» Yunho whispered to his husband. «For real!»

«It looks that way,» Mingi smiled warmly, drying Yunho's tears that were running down his cheeks. «Don't be sad.»

«I'm not sad, you idiot, I'm happy!»

Mingi chuckled and pulled Yunho closer. The countless evenings Yunho had worried about Ivy, now it would seem like he could let go of that fear.

For the king of Astoria, it was especially emotional watching his only daughter being crowned queen later in the ceremony. She had never believed she would even find a husband, and with her reputation, frankly neither had he. And yet, here she was, married to the king of Choi.

The crown was magnificent. The king had his on in this part of the ceremony too, and they looked historical when they stood side by side in the chapel, receiving congratulations and well wishes in the form of applause from all their guests. Side by side they walked through the chapel, out to greet the people of Choi that had come to see them. There was something so monumental and touching at that moment when the doors opened, and they heard the cheers. Ivy reached for Seonghwa's hand, and he held it tight as they walked out on the balcony.