- 18 -

Being back in her own room felt very strange to Ivy. Yunho was there to help her out of her dress. When she was finally in her own bed, she closed her eyes and felt safe, happy, loved. She was home. She should probably feel sad that she wouldn't get married after all, but she didn't. This was the right thing to do, and that feeling was so valuable. She fell asleep, content and happy.

Ivy was thrilled to be with her beloved family again. The next day she spent talking to all of them, hearing what they all had done since they last were together. Her brothers and brothers-in-law were all telling stories, having her laugh that beautiful laugh they had missed so much.

Ivy was walking around in the garden when she saw Hyunjin and Felix up ahead. She didn't want to disturb them and took a different path, but Hyunjin soon waved her over.

«Hyunjin, did you make Felix cry?!»

Felix smiled through his tears, though.

«There's been a lot of crying today,» Hyunjin nodded. «On the both of us.»

«I get that,» she smiled.

«Can I hug you?» Felix asked.

«Yes, of course!» Ivy smiled and held out her arms.

«Thank you for sacrificing your own happiness for us to be together,» Felix sobbed.

«I wish you both all the happiness in the world. You truly deserve it.»

Ivy gave Hyunjin the next hug.

«Will you be a witness to our marriage?» Hyunjin asked.

«Yes, of course, but... don't you want to do it big?»

«No,» they both shook their heads. «We want to do it quick. We have no need for a big wedding, we only need each other. Now.»

Ivy nodded smiling. «I totally get that. You've waited long enough. How may I help?»

Ivy couldn't sleep. She sat on her windowsill just looking into the darkness outside. It was raining heavily, but she still heard the horses arriving. She got a feeling. She pulled on her best robe and walked to the stairs to the grand hall. Pretty soon the butler let in a prominent guest. A soaking wet king. The castle was quiet, night was here, but a servant came running to help the butler with the king's clothes.

«Welcome to Astoria, your majesty,» Ivy said, surprising herself. She pulled the robe close. To most people, it was prettier than any dress, but she felt exposed.

«Thank you, princess Ivy.» He looked at her as she came down the stairs. She was a sight to be seen. «I apologize for the untimely arrival, we came into a storm and were delayed.»

«It's quite alright, your majesty. The kitchen will make you a hot meal if you'd like.»

«Something warm would be good, for both me and my guards.»

«Yes, of course. Aaron, can you make the arrangements? And prepare the guest room in the west wing for his majesty?»

«Yes, your highness, right away.»

«Thank you, Aaron. Your majesty, how about we wait in here by the fire?»

All the pleasantries aside, Seonghwa really needed the heat from the fireplace. The princess even came with a warm woolen blanket and put it over his shoulders. He was indeed quite cold.

«F-Felix..» Seonghwa said, he couldn't stop his teeth from chattering.

«Felix is here,» Ivy confirmed.