- 21 -

Seonghwa came to breakfast, finding Ivy already sitting by the table eating.

«Your majesty,» she smiled, that mild smile that was so pleasant to meet. It might not seem like much, but this was a very nice thing to see every morning. Her smiling at him.

«Good morning, princess. How did you sleep?»

«I slept well, thank you, your majesty. How about yourself?»

«Pretty good,» he hummed and thanked the maid putting a plate with eggs in front of him. «Are you ready for meeting the royal council today?»

«As ready as I'll ever be, I suppose,» she smiled. «Thank you for letting me tag along, I really long to learn more about our kingdom.»

Seonghwa looked at her while chewing his food. Having her say «our» kingdom touched his heart. She saw Choi as her home now. Her kingdom. It was good, she was to rule this kingdom beside him. He had never been able to picture someone sitting beside him on the throne, but now... It was becoming clearer to him. She truly was a well-educated and elegant lady, at the same time as he knew very well how strong-willed and adventurous she could be too. Getting married to her would not be boring.

«Am I allowed to... I don't know, speak at all, in royal council?»

He looked at her, a little surprised.

«Yes, of course, princess. You are the future queen of Choi. I suspect the council might not be completely sold on your word being the rule yet, but as soon as we are married, you are as important as anyone on the council. That is why I wanted you to get a head start. It can't hurt to get to know the council a little better before our wedding.»

«I agree, it can't hurt. Thank you, my king.»

«You look very beautiful,» he said, and she looked at him in a different way. He very rarely complimented her looks. He had tried in the beginning, and he had seen how she only took it as pleasantries. She never believed him. «That dress brings out your incredible posture. You truly look like a queen today.»

Ivy couldn't hide a small smile. She had chosen this dress today exactly for that reason, to look as queenlike as possible before the council.

«Thank you, my king. I hope to match you and your impeccable style somewhat.»

«Oh, you outshine me any day of the week, sweet princess,» he said, and she huffed at the corny saying. Still, he had her smiling, and that made him happy.

Ivy had never seen him in this kind of setting before. She walked a few steps behind him into the throne room where the council would be held. It was quite different from the throne room in Astoria, but it wasn't bad. Just different. The council greeted them respectfully, and Seonghwa introduced Ivy formally to them.

«Council, let me introduce you to the future queen of Choi, to my fiancé Ivy Elisabeth Lalani of Astoria, third in succession to the throne of Astoria, daughter of king Jonah and queen Ellisiv of Astoria.»

They all bowed to her again, and Ivy smiled warmly.

«Welcome, your highness. It is an honor to have you here. Our king tells us you are eager to learn more about Choi, and we look forward to having you as a regular member of the council after the wedding,» the leader of the council said.

«Thank you so much, sir, I look forward to it very much. Choi is becoming so very important to me, and I will do whatever I can to be a good queen for our kingdom.»