- 11 -

Ivy was shaking like a leaf when there soon was a knock at the door by one of the guards. The much-dreaded doctor was here. Ivy stood up from her chair, her hands tight to her sides.

«Your highness,» the doctor said, bowing deeply for her. «I am Hongjoong, I'm a doctor. I understand you had an accident today?»

«I fell off a horse,» Ivy said, trying to be the princess she usually was. «And I'm fine.»

«Let me be the judge of that,» the doctor tried to joke, immediately seeing it wasn't well received. «I apologize, forgive me. May I take a look at your highness?»

«I'd rather not,» Ivy said, clenching her hands in front of her.

«May I ask why?»

Ivy swallowed and glanced at Yunho. He stepped up immediately.

«Her royal highness is not comfortable with anyone seeing her without clothes.»

«Right. Well, let's try to find a way around that, then.» He thought about it for a second. «Do you have pain anywhere?»

«Ribs,» she said. «I think they're just bruised though.»

«Have you had them bruised before?»

«Both bruised and broken. This feels like bruised.»

«Okay, that's good. I would like to check it still, though. Broken ribs can be really dangerous.»

«I know,» she said, looking down.

«I don't really need to look at you, but I would like to feel your ribs. If you wore... a nightgown or... a petticoat, maybe? Could that work?»

Ivy looked towards Yunho, who smiled his kind smile.

«Yes, I guess. But you can only touch me on the outside of my clothes.»

«Very well,» he nodded. «I'll wait outside while you get ready, and then your servant can call me back in. Is that okay, your highness?»

«Yes, thank you very much, doctor.»

«My pleasure,» he bowed and left the room.

Yunho had to help her with pretty much everything. Her ribs hurt a lot when she lifted her arms just the slightest and getting the tight dress off took a while. She cleaned up a little before putting on a nightgown that covered her completely as all her nightgowns did. Underneath she pulled up long stockings so that nothing of her feet was showing either.

Hongjoong looked at the princess he was meeting for the first time today. As he came back into her room she had now changed from a beautiful dress into a white ruffled nightgown with a high turtle neck and long sleeves. Even her feet were covered in socks.

«Might I ask you to lay down on your bed, your highness?»

She did as he asked, her eyes often looking towards her servant. Hongjoong understood he was her safety, so he didn't even suggest that he should leave the room.

«Thank you,» Hongjoong said as she lay on top of her bedding. «May I now touch your waist and your sides over your ribs?»

«Yes,» she whispered, not looking at him.

«Tell me if you're uncomfortable, and I'll back away immediately, okay?»

«Yes, thank you.»

She was on the verge of crying, but Hongjoong made a point of not looking at her. He carefully touched her sides, letting his fingers work their way up her ribcage. He heard a moan as he touched her injured ribs.