- 7 -

It was well into the night when the group arrived at the castle of Choi. One of the guards had ridden ahead and alerted the staff that they were coming. The horses were immediately taken care of, and Ivy was shown to a guest room. Yunho got a chamber right next to her quarters, and she felt well taken care of.

A maid brought Ivy a warm meal in her room.

«Would you like help with your clothes, your highness?» the maid asked.

«Thank you, but I have my personal servant here. He will help me with any personal things I need. Thank you for offering, though. What is your name?»

«I'm Lillybet, your highness.»

«Lillybet, thank you. Will you make sure that Yunho, my servant, also gets a warm meal, please?»

«Yes, right away, your highness.»

«Thank you, Lillybet.»

«Good night, your highness. Let me know if you need anything else.»

«Thank you. Good night, Lillybet.»

Yunho helped Ivy take off her dress, and she went into the tiny bathroom to wash up and get into her nightwear. Then she went to eat.

«Did Lillybet bring you your food yet?»

«Yes, she did, princess. Thank you.»

«Eat with me?»

«Princess, please.»

«Come on! I'm lonely!»

«You are not, come on!»

«Just do it, please! I don't care what anyone thinks.»

«But I do, princess! I have to walk around with the other servants and hear their snarky remarks.»

«Then have Mingi kick their butts.»

Yunho rolled his eyes, but still agreed. He didn't want Ivy to eat alone when she clearly didn't want to. She rarely asked him favors like this, so he never would have said no. Not really. They might have an informal tone with a lot of banter, but he truly adored the princess. He couldn't have worked for a better royal.

Yunho made sure she was comfortable before taking the dishes out of her room and giving them to a servant passing by. She had two guards outside her room at all times, so she was safe. He went to his own chamber next door and was happy to find someone already sleeping in his bed.

Yunho quickly washed up and then he crawled into bed, snuggling into his husband's back.

«Scoot over, you giant,» he whispered in his ear with a smile on his face.

«I'm your giant,» Mingi mumbled and turned around so that he could hold his husband.

«And don't you forget it.» Yunho crawled as close to Mingi as at all possible, and they were soon both asleep. Anyone entering the room wouldn't have been able to see where Mingi ended and Yunho started.

For once, Yunho didn't need to wake Ivy the following morning. She was already up, her hair was washed and she had found a petticoat to have under today's dress.

«Oh, princess, I'm sorry you had to search through your luggage yourself.»

«Stop it,» she huffed. «I'm not some porcelain doll. I can actually do stuff.»

«I don't know about that.»

«Hey!» she giggled.

Yunho was just finishing closing Ivy's corset as there was a knock on her door.

«Your breakfast, your highness,» Lillybet said as she opened the door slightly.

«Come on in, Lillybet! Good morning!»

«Good morning, your highness. Did you sleep well?»

«Yes, I slept like a rock. How did you sleep?»

«Oh,» Lillybet stuttered. Had any royal ever asked her how she had slept before? No. «I slept well, thank you, your highness.»

Yunho saw the maid's confusion, she clearly wasn't used to how Ivy spoke to her. Yunho smiled at the girl and finished Ivy's dress up.

«This smells so nice!» Ivy declared.

«Our cook is famous for his eggs, your highness.»

Ivy took a bite before even sitting down. «Oh my gosh,» she said and closed her eyes. Then she took another bite. «Tell your cook thank you, will you? This is incredible!»

«I will, your highness.»

Ivy felt insecure about what to do, but she decided she couldn't stay in her room like this. Yunho was proud of how she shed the insecure personality and became the tough, seemingly assertive Ivy.

She went to explore the castle but was very happy when a servant seemed to have been waiting for her to appear.

«Your highness,» he bowed deeply. «Prince Hyunjin asks if you would join him in the library.»

«Yes, thank you very much, I would love to.»

«Please, follow me, your highness.»