10

Also bureau means a dresser with a mirror (trust me you'll need to know what it means)

Sal's POV

When we got to Travis's house I didn't see any cars in the driveway. I was kinda disappointed knowing I wouldn't meet his mom.

I followed travis up his gravel driveway and took in the sight of his home. It was a two story brick house with a white wood trim. He had a porch with white barriers and a porch swing attached to the roof.

I put my focus back on Travis right as he finished unlocking the door. He entered first and I walked behind him. I took in the scene of his living room. The walls were a dark grey and their were Crosses and prayer poems everywhere. Their was a shelf filled with angel statues and a Jesus in the middle.

Above the shelf was a family portrait. Travis's father had dark eyes and a stern, cold look. His hair was parted to the side. His mother had beautiful darker skin and black hair. She was smiling nervously. And Travis was in the middle. He must have only been about 10 in the photo. He was dressed in a button down and his hair was his natural dirty blonde color. He barely smiled. Unlike Travis's mom, Kenneth didn't seem to be standing close to Travis at all. In fact it looked like he was stepping 3 feet away from Travis and his mother.

My smile disappeared when I noticed the uncomfortable looks on their faces. Kenneth really wasn't one to mess with.

"How old are you in that photo?"

Travis turned to where I pointed and he quickly looked ashamed.

"Oh I think I was 9, maybe 10?"

"You look adorable. I don't think I've seen a younger photo of yourself."

"Yeah I think that's the only one that's hung up. I know I have a album in my room and my mom has another copy."

"You have to show."

"I will but first let me grab a water bottle."

I nodded and followed him to his kitchen. The kitchen was also grey but the counter tops were a grey marble and the cabinets a dark wood.

"I don't think your dads much for color huh?"

"Not at all. My mom tried to paint the walls Atleast a white but my father was so persistent on the grey."

"Is it on every room of the house?"

"Not all of them. my room is a lighter grey mixed with blue."

"How'd you score that?"

"My mom painted it while he was gone one time. She stated that I should at least see some color."

"Your mom sounds amazing."

"She is, I just wish she found a different husband. She deserves so much better."

"Yeah but you wouldn't have been alive."

"Hm I guess your right."

I smiled at him.

"Uh anyways do you what a water?"

"Sure"

He opened his fridge and grabbed two waters. He tossed one to me and I barely almost caught it.

"Sorry!"

"Your fine, I'm sorry if anything. I wouldn't wanna be the reason you break something."

"We're both fine."

I nodded and he started walking towards the stairs. I once again was right behind him. When we got to the top I saw three doors. One on each side and one straight ahead.