03

"this place already looks nicer than your own apartment, and we haven't even got out the car!" mallory said as isabel parked her car in the parking lot next to the dorms of her new college.

"why are you not wrong." isabel laughed.

for the rest of their morning, the three friends moved isabel into her dorm and helped her decorate.

while isabel walked outside once more, she was looking down at her phone, only to be tackled moments later by a man much larger then she was.

"oh my god!" the man spoke, "i am so sorry, i was trying to catch my football and instead i ran right into you."

isabel sat up and before she had the chance to say anything, the man gasped, "i know you!"

isabel just looked at him funny, "what?"

"i swear i do know you!" he said once more. "the bar! you're the girl i danced with all night until your friend came to take you home. you were wearing that red dress with black heels."

"what's your name?" isabel asked, hoping out of all the people that went to this college, and all the people she could of possibly danced with that night, that there was no way it could be the same boy she was set on a mission to protect.

"grayson dolan." he smiled.

that was when her heart sunk. there was no way this was real.

"what's your name?" he asked politely.

"isabel jackson."

"cute name." he grinned.

isabel just stood there in shock, she didn't know quiet what to do or say yet.

"why have i never seen you here on campus before?" grayson asked.

"i'm transferring." isabel lied. she probably could have made up a better story, but she wasn't expecting meeting the target so soon.

"well, i've got to go." grayson told her, "here! take my number in case you need anything."

"thank you, i appreciate it." isabel said before switching phones and getting each other's numbers.

"well, i'll see you around, isabel." grayson smiled before walking off.

"fuck." was all isabel could say.

-

later that night, isabel laid on her bed in her quiet dorm.

hayden and mallory left about an hour ago, so now it was just isabel.

she scrolled through her tiktok before she got a notification that caught her eye.

hey

i hope i'm not bothering you
but i was curious about what
classes you have?

tomorrow i have mrs green for
personal finance

room 108?

that's the one

no way
me too!
sounds like we were meant
to meet each other

seems like you're right

mind if i walk with you to class
tomorrow?

that would be great

what dorm number are you?

411

i'm the floor right above you

cool!

well, i'll see you tmrw?

definitely

goodnight isabel

night grayson
read 10:32 pm