05

later that day, isabel was now in her dorm unpacking more of her belongings before her phone started ringing.

"hello?" she answered it.

"hey slut!" mallory replied. "what are you doing?"

"literally nothing. i'm so bored. and my dorms a mess because im still unpacking and i don't know where to put all of my shit!"

"say no more, hayden and i will be there in fifteen minutes."

"i love you." was all isabel could say.

"i love you more, see you soon!" mallory replied before hanging up the phone.

and with that, isabel continued to unpack stuff and sort through her things until her friends showed up.

not even fifteen minutes later, her door was opened by mallory and hayden who had brought isabel starbucks.

the two continued to help isabel go through all of her stuff and help find places for each thing.

as isabel was cleaning her closet there was a knock at the door.

"who is that?" hayden asked as isabel just shrugged. she got up and made her way to the door and looked through the peephole before opening it.

"guys it's grayson!" she whisper yelled.

"open it!" mallory whispered back.

isabel turned back around and took a deep breath before opening the door, "grayson!" she smiled.

"hey- oh i didn't mean to interrupt, i didn't know you had people over." grayson apologized, "i can leave if you'd like."

"no, don't be silly." isabel grinned, "these are my friends hayden and mallory."

hayden and mallory both waved. "nice to meet you." mallory smiled.

"you guys too!" grayson said.

"well, what can i do for you?" isabel asked politely.

"you left your notebook in my car and i was just returning it." grayson said, pulling isabels notebook out of his bookbag and handing it to her.

"i don't know what i'd do without you." isabel grinned.

"well i've gotta get going to football practice, but i'll text you after i'm done. and if you need anything i'm only a floor above you." grayson said.

"thank you, i really appreciate it." isabel smiled, "have a good practice!" she waved as grayson turned towards the door.

"thanks isabel, see you later."

once grayson shut the door all the way, isabel turned around to face hayden and mallory which they both had smirks on their face.

"isabel! that's the guy from the club!" hayden said.

"what?" mallory gasped, "no way!"

isabel just nodded, "also the guy that is this missions target."

"what are the odds of that?" hayden laughed.

"anyway, he is super hot! and he's totally into you."

"he is not, mallory." isabel rolled her eyes.

"oh he so is!" hayden said.

"are you allowed to date him?" mallory asked.

isabel just shrugged.

"mal, how much do you wanna bet they'll get together?" hayden asked.

"a hundred bucks."

"fifty and you got a deal."

"deal!" mallory said, shaking hands with hayden.

"you know, i really hate you guys." isabel said.

"we love you too!" mallory smiled.

-

later that evening...

hey isabel

i just got out of practice and
thought i'd see what u were
up too?

i hope you practiced hard so u won't
be tackling me again

but i'm not doing anything, just
laying in bed

oh don't worry, i did! 😂

but i'm just walking to my dorm now.

be safe!

i will 😁
read 9:21pm

as soon as isabel placed her phone down, mr thomas called her. she groaned before answering it.

"hello?"

"isabel, we've got information that there is men on campus following grayson, you need to find him immediately and make sure he's safe."

isabel immediately hopped up out of bed and put her shoes on, "i'm leaving my dorm now, sir."

"thank you agent jackson."

and with that isabel hung up the phone and ran out the dorm building.

the girl ran the whole way to the football field until she saw grayson. but she did not want grayson to spot her so she kept her distance.

she followed grayson, keeping an eye out for anything or anyone that seemed out of place, and right before grayson reached the dorms, she spotted the two guys she was looking for.

isabel watched the two guys like a hawk and called mallory and hayden for backup.

she didn't want to take the chance of doing this outnumbered and something going wrong.

-

when mallory and hayden arrived, mallory sent me to go find grayson while her and hayden took the men down.

so that's exactly what isabel did, she followed grayson all the way up to his floor and made sure he made it into his dorm all without being seen by him.

"isabel?" ethan asked, "what are you doing up here this late?"

"oh- i- was just taking a run." isabel said.

"so why were you on this floor?"

"i pressed the wrong button in the elevator." she laughed it off.

"um, okay?" ethan said, but didn't question it anymore.

"sorry to bother you." isabel said, "i better get going now. bye ethan!"

"bye isabel."