13

later that night, grayson and isabel both had a few too many drinks, but hannah made sure the two made it to isabel's dorm, and a drunken grayson refused to leave isabel.

so he stayed.

hannah left, and isabel and grayson laid in her bed and just have drunk conversations, until grayson kissed the blonde girl which led to a long make out session.

until a vibration kept coming from graysons pocket, which they both ignored the first two times, but once it did the third time, "as much as i'd love to continue, you're phone is kind of going off." isabel said before grayson pulled it out to turn it on silent, until he read the words across his screen and his facial expression changed.

"what's wrong?" asked isabel.

"everythings fine." he lied before isabel snatched his phone to read it for herself.

if you and your brother don'tconvince ur father to stand down from the mayor position,you both will pay

convince ur father to stand
down from the mayor position,
you both will pay.

we won't get caught like last
time.

this is ur final warning. your
on your last straw.

"how long have you been receiving these threats?" isabel asked, placing his phone back in his hand.

"the very first one came a few days ago." grayson answered honestly.

"you have to tell your father about this."

"no! you can't say a word about this to anyone." grayson looked at her.

"why?" she asked, "what are you so afraid of?"

"isabel, the scariest part of that message was the incorrect use of the word "your."

isabel just looked at him, she could tell it was bothering him, and now he wasn't the only one it was bothering.

"i feel like i ruined our night now." grayson said, still drunk.

"lets just watch a movie." isabel said before turning the tv on and finding something for them to watch until they fell asleep.

throughout the night, isabel tossed and turned for hours. whatever she did, she couldn't sleep if her life depended on it.

grayson on the other hand slept like a baby.

isabel got up from the bed and grabbed her phone, going to the bathroom and shutting the door so she wouldn't wake grayson before making a phone call that he did not need to hear.

if grayson found out about what isabel was doing right now, she feared he'd never forgive her. but it was also her job to make sure grayson was safe.

"agent jackson, is everything okay?" mr thomas answered.

"no, it's not." isabel replied.

"and why not?" he asked.

and with that, isabel told him everything.