10

after the two finished up at the restaurant, they both walked out towards graysons car, still talking.

they just couldn't get bored of one another.

but just when isabel thought there was nothing that could ruin this night, she was wrong. when she saw the person standing across the parking lot from them, who was clear as day spying on isabel, her whole attitude changed.

anger took over her. "isabel what's wrong?" grayson asked, noticing something was clearly not right with the girl.

"excuse me, i'll be right back." she said before crossing her arms and leaving grayson only to walk across the parking lot angrily.

"what the hell are you doing here?" isabel yelled at none other than hayden byers.

"i was just-" hayden started but isabel cut him off.

"why the fuck were you supervising my date?" she yelled, "who put you up to this shit?"

"listen, thomas just wanted some reassurance that you and dolan were truly getting... close." hayden said. "he asked me to make sure he was actually falling in love with you."

"well he has nothing to worry about." isabel spat, "now you listen here! after i get back to my dorm, you and i are gonna take a little trip back to the office and we are all going to sit down and sort out why i out of all people need a babysitter."

"as you wish, m'lady." hayden said sarcastically, "text me when to come pick you up."

"whatever." isabel rolled her eyes before turning around and walking back to graysons car.

once she got in, grayson immediately looked at her, "are you alright?" he asked, "what was going on over there?"

"just saw my friend, and had to talk about some unfinished business." isabel said, "but i'm fine now."

"are you sure?" grayson asked and isabel just nodded.

-

once isabel and grayson arrived back on campus, they just sat in graysons car for a while, talking.

then, they walked into the dorms and to isabels. isabel leaned against her door while grayson stood in front of her, "i had a lot of fun with you tonight." he told her.

"that makes two of us," she smiled, "thank you for tonight."

"of course."

and after that, the moment must have felt right for both of them because they both began to lean in, and once their lips touched it was like being on cloud nine.

after a couple seconds, isabel pulled away as they each had the biggest grin on their faces.

"well, you have a good night." grayson told her, "i better get to bed. i'll walk you to class tomorrow though."

"you better." isabel said before opening her door, "goodnight grayson."

"goodnight isabel."

once the door shut isabel felt like she was in a dream.

but once reality hit her, she pulled her phone out her pocket, texting hayden to come get her.

she really did not want to deal with this tonight, but to late now.

-

"mr thomas! we need to talk." isabel raised her voice as her and hayden walked into the office.

"agent jackson! how's the mission going?"

"it's going amazing, everything is just as planned. tonight for instance, we went out on a date, just like you all wanted. and guess who i find stalking me in the parking lot?"

"that would be me." hayden raised his hand. mr thomas looked at him, "she definitely has got dolan under control though, that's for sure."

"mr thomas, i absolutely cannot believe you don't trust me enough that you think i need a babysitter to be sure i'm doing what i'm told." isabel said angrily.

"i'm sorry you feel that way, agent jackson." mr thomas said. "i see you seem to have got this under control and i'm sorry i needed some reassurance about you and this mission, therefore from now on i'll stay out of it."

that was all isabel wanted to hear. "thank you."