21

a few hours later, grayson was released from the hospital and everyone had went back to the dolan household.

isabel was grateful they were so welcoming to her, but she couldn't help but wonder if she wasn't a fbi agent, if they'd still be this welcoming and warm towards her.

-

grayson was asleep in his bed where isabel laid next to him, just watching him breathe. not in a creepy way, but watching his chest rise then fall brought the girl comfort.

isabel tried everything  she could think of to sleep but nothing seemed to be helping her, so she got up and walked down the stairs.

she sat at the quiet kitchen table with a bottle of cold water as she scrolled through her phone.

a good thirty minutes had passed and the girl hadn't even come close to tired. therefore she walked out the back door and sat on the patio only to gain an off feeling in her stomach. something was definitely not right.

she looked around the dolans huge back yard but saw nothing. somehow she could sense someone presence.

suddenly she saw someone dressed in all black running from mrs dolans garden.

that was all isabel needed to see. she ran inside and up the stairs to mrs and mr dolans bedroom door before knocking continuously along with dialing mr thomas with her other hand.

"isabel? what's going on?" mr dolan asked opening the door.

"there's someone on your property!" isabel said.

"what?" mrs dolan yelled from the room.

"fbi is on their way." isabel said.

"oh dear, are you alright?" mrs dolan asked as isabel nodded.

moments later mr thomas along with other fbi agents arrived and began going after the intruder.

"isabel, check on grayson." mr thomas ordered and isabel nodded.

the blonde girl tip toed up the stairs up to graysons room and quietly opened his door only to find him in a deep sleep.

though, he must have felt her presence as he began moving around until his eyes slowly opened.

"isabel?" he asked, sitting up in his bed. "why're you up so early?"

"i couldn't sleep." she answered honestly, "so i got up to get some water."

"come here." he said sleepily, isabel obeyed, climbing into bed with grayson only for him to wrap his arms around her and pull her closely to him.

"if it were possible for me to never move from here, i wouldn't." isabel whispered.

grayson grinned before placing a soft kiss on the blondes lips.

"goodnight, isabel." grayson said before falling asleep.

isabel meant what she said. especially now since this mission was very quickly coming to an end.

-

the next morning, it was the day for mr dolans election for the mayor here in their small town of new jersey.

so, mr and mrs dolan had everyone up and ready in the house at an earlier hour than everyone would have liked.

and once everyone was up and ready, everyone headed out to the election.

though, isabel felt absolutely sick to her stomach. after this election she would no longer be needed to be graysons personal body guard.

"alright guys," mr dolan started, "the votes will be in at 7pm. if i when i'll be expected to say a speech, i'm expecting all of you kids to be there." he said to ethan, grayson, and cameron.