07

isabel made her way into class, somehow she managed to make it earlier than both ethan and grayson.

she took a seat, hoping that soon two boys would be sitting next to her, but once class had started she looked around only to notice the two boys she wanted to sit with her, we're a few rows behind her.

she glanced at them and grayson still had such a sad, smug look on his face.

all isabel wanted to do was go and give him a hug, and tell him how happy she'd be if they went on a real date.

unfortunately for her, she couldn't do that.

isabel was not having the sitting by herself thing today, therefore, she gathered all her belongings and stood up.

grayson looked up at her, part of him was hoping she'd come over towards them, but she did not.

she just walked right out the door, leaving class, going god knows where. that's what grayson thought at least.

but isabel just went back to her dorm, to think, think about everything. todays meeting played in her head and she still couldn't believe that now, part of her assignment was to date grayson dolan.

she definitely didn't see that coming.

so she decided to text him. though he may not want to hear from her right now, she didn't care.

 though he may not want to hear from her right now, she didn't care

you enjoying class?

well you clearly weren't

where'd u go?

back to my dorm

i wasn't digging the whole
sitting alone thing

i'm sorry

i wasn't sure if you'd want
to sit with us

well ofc i would

i hate to admit it but you and
ethan are kinda my only friends
here

i'm sorry if i messed things up
between us

don't be silly

ofc you didn't

now, i'll let you get back to
ur lecture while i lay here in
bed, watching tiktok 😚

i hate u
read 10:27am

isabel laid in her bed for a good three hours until it was time for her to get herself ready for cheerleading tryouts.

she had no confidence that she was going to make the team, but hey, at least she was going to try.

she changed into some athletic clothes and sneakers before leaving the dorm.

as she made her way out the dorm building, she ran into grayson, "isabel!" he smiled "where're you off to?"

"cheer tryouts." she smiled as he raised his eyebrows.

"i didn't know you were into cheer?"

"it's been awhile since i've cheered, but someone told me they were having tryouts today and i just thought i'd at least try."

grayson smiled, "that's cool. i'm heading to the football field as well, i'll walk you there."

"that'd be great."

-

"welcome to cheerleading tryouts!" are brunette spoke. "my names hannah, and i'm the cheer captain and this is our co captain, rylee!"

"hi guys!" rylee waved, "we're so excited and happy you all are here with us!"

hannah explained more about the cheerleading squad and what to expect. then rylee showed some moves that the girls trying out had to follow along with.

they ended up making a whole routine right then and there and there was only two girls who kept up with it all, isabel was one of them.

after an hour of learning new moves and answering questions, isabel was finally rewarded a spot on the cheerleading team.

for someone who had no idea what she was walking into when she first got there, she was pretty proud of herself.

"isabel!" grayson ran up to her as she began walking to her dorm.

"hi grayson." she smiled.

"so, how did it go?" he asked.

"you're now looking at the newest member of the cheerleading squad!" isabel grinned.

"are you serious? isabel that's amazing!" grayson smiled before giving her a big hug.

"thank you!"

"now maybe i'll see you more!" grayson smiled but then his smile quickly faded, "only if you'd want too, of course."

"look, grayson," isabel started, "i'm really sorry about last night. you've been so sweet and nothing but nice since i met you and i should not have rejected you like i did. and i realize that i have made a mistake by rejecting you, so if there is any way that you would still like to go out for dinner or something one night, i would love to go with you, grayson."

"i would love too." grayson smiled.

"really?" isabel asked.

grayson nodded, "really."