Chapter 42

Gensokyo - The Scarlet Devil Corridor

-= MC's Point of View =-

"Hmm. Nobody here."

"..."

After 'pranking' the Gatekeeper we entered the mansion and I was currently walking with Ophis through a dark corridor illuminated by the light coming from multiple colored windows at the wall.

"Ugh... the humans back in my world use this same architecture repeatedly to the point that I now found it utterly uninteresting and honestly somewhat revolting."

I unconsciously said as I rolled my eyes in disappointment. Of course, I could always give them new knowledge and advanced technology to dramatically boost their civilization. But that would ruin my experiment to see how far they can go on their own. Just giving a couple of them a bit of God Ki was already stretching the line quite a bit.

Though, why those rascals that I turned into literal Gods and Goddesses didn't use my gift to advance civilization is a mystery to me. After all, some of them are spying on the earth's inhabitants almost all the time. It's highly unlikely that those geniuses that earned my recognition didn't understand one or two things about how the modern world works.

Instead of doing that, they actually started building boring and useless pocket dimensions that serve no other purpose than either torturing or spoiling the souls of the dead.

As I was thinking about that, I felt Ophis tugging at my jacket so I stopped and turned to look at her. But I already have a guess about what she wanted to say.

"Ophis? You want something?"

"Watching us. Someone. I can feel it."

"As I expected, so you felt it too."

When Ophis said those words to me with a blank expression, I just smiled at her knowingly and silently expanded my omniscient senses.

At that moment, the world halted as an unfathomable amount of spiritual energy covered the entirety of Gensokyo. All the spirits, Ghosts, and phantom-based creatures trembled at the same time.

They all stopped in their places in confusion and horror as my senses passed through them and scanned every cranny and nick of this land. I even saw Angel standing beside the heavily injured Rinnosuke-san and... wait-

"WHAT?!"

"!"

When I shouted suddenly, Ophis was startled as she looked at me while tilting her head to the side.

"Wait for me here. Okay? I'm gonna take care of something real quick."

"?"

I didn't bother to explain anything more to her and I just teleported to that store alone. She could take care of herself anyway, and it's not like Flandre and others are stupid enough to offend a Dragon God without a good reason.

*Tsu*

After I used Instant Transmigration, I immediately found myself back in the center of the store.

"Hmmm."

I hummed while looking at the gruesome sight in front of me. I could see Angel standing leisurely as she stared with a bored expression at the heavily injured Rinnosuke-san on the floor in front of her.

"..."

However, what caught my eyes the most was what was happening a few meters to her left where an unknown girl that is most likely a Youkai casually eating the corpse of another girl. My alien eyes glowed ominously as I scanned them. Based on that body's exposed organs and its DNA signature, the dead person seems to be a human. Female. Also, one that is capable of using magic.