Chapter 48

The outside world - Antarctica

In the most uninhabited, ice-covered landmass and coldest place on earth. And also the least-populated continent covered by the Antarctic ice sheet, with an average thickness of 1.9 km. Truly the coldest, driest, and windiest of the continents.

*BOOOOOOM*

In this desolate place, a terrifying explosion suddenly happened as a massive crater was formed in the vastness of the ice. The blast of the explosion was so large that multiple mountains were completely erased as the huge crater about 15km in diameter instantly dominated the landscape.

An unimaginable amount of water vapor was also generated that could be seen even from outer space.

*Whoosh*

Soon after that, the Atlantic winds pushed through and slowly carried all the vapor away. The gusty currents quickly dispersed the scorching hot air as the giant crater was slowly revealed to the world.

All throughout the massive pit, hot water vapor was still pouring out from various locations as the sunlight slowly penetrated the fog and illuminated the center.

Inside such a horrifying crater, a single figure could be seen. It was a green-haired woman with crimson eyes and silk-white skin.

She is Yuuka Kazami, a long-lived youkai called the "Flower Master of the Four Seasons" and a Legendary Youkai.

"..."

As if nothing happened, the Youkai woman slowly stood up to her feet and looked dazedly at the white landscape in front of her. Her crimson eyes were opened wide as her long waist-length emerald hair fluttered without restraint behind her.

It has to be known, Yuuka is not just any Legendary Youkai.

Yuuka's case is extremely special even among all the other Youkai in the world.

All the Youkai have an innate connection to the Moon. Because it was the moon's dim light that gave birth to the Youkai by causing humanity to fear and create legends about them.

However, Yuuka did not have such a connection. After all, she was created by the Earth's nature itself.

A representation of all living beings' fears of mother nature. That is what the being known as Yuuka Kazami was.

If we look at it from that perspective, she wasn't even a Youkai in the first place. But it was just the most convenient and closest word to describe what she is.

"Huh...?"

As Yuuka thought about what just happened, her whole face morphed into a pure incredulous expression.

"I lost...? So easily... Just like that... ME?"

As Yuuka barely muttered those words with an extremely high-pitched voice. All the winds on the planet suddenly stopped. Not a single gust of wind remained in the entire world. A horrifying silence descended on all of the Earth's inhabitants. It was as if nature itself halted its breath.

*Thump* *Thump*

Yuuka's heartbeat began increasing rapidly both in speed and intensity as her crimson eyes suddenly turned cloudy. They became so unfocused and glazed over as if she was unconscious. She was so enraged that she completely lost all her senses and even the capability to think. All that was left was an empty husk of a being that was supposed to be the strongest. There was no way for her instincts to restrict her anymore.

*THUMP* *THUMP*

Her heartbeat was now already so strong that her whole body trembled with each beat causing a small-sized earthquake to reverberate throughout the entire continent and beyond.