Chapter 22

Gensokyo - The Youkai Mountain

Youkai Mountain, from just the name you can already deduct that it has some kind of relation to Youkai.

And since this is Gensokyo, a place that is often labeled as The Youkai Heaven instead, then this mountain can only be exactly as you might think.

It is the home of the Youkai, a place where the majority of them live and some of them have been there since before Gensokyo or The Great Hakurei Barrier was even constructed.

It is also the land of two of the most significant Youkai species in Gensokyo, and they are the Tengu and the Kappa.

The first protects the sky and the land, and the other is responsible for the water and underwater.

The Tengu are obsessed with a strict social hierarchy system while the Kappa dislike authority entirely and love to act independently as they hate to be in charge.

Because of that perfect harmony, these two powerful groups of Youkai were able to live together peacefully to this day, which was extremely unusual, since powerful Youkai were always hostile towards another Youkai group that could possibly be a threat to their clan.

This is different from a loyal relationship, like the one the Tengu once had towards the Oni, this one was really an equal relationship.

And seeing that happening, the other medium and lower Youkai groups decided to follow after them and tried to somehow get along together, which was awkward at first but eventually led to the peaceful society that is currently known as the Youkai Mountain.

And it is not just the Youkai alone, it has to be known that many Goddesses, mystical beings, ghosts, powerful hermits, sages, fairies and many more creatures also live in this place.

All of them have gotten used to the peaceful atmosphere and they wouldn't ask for anything other than that, well... most of them.

So they will never do anything that might break their paradise and will even try to protect it with their lives.

That's just how precious the Youkai Mountain is to them.

And now, their heaven is facing another crisis.

It seems this time the Tengu has provoked someone that they shouldn't, and that someone has wiped out their strongest aerial arsenal and still wasn't satisfied as he promised the destruction of their heaven if the Tengu's leader won't send him an apology.

That should be easy to solve, but because everyone knows the limitless arrogance of the Tengu.

As expected, they kept that matter a secret until that purple sphere of doom replaced their sun.

It was said that the person they provoked was the one responsible for it.

That thing was so big, it basically became another sun for their heaven, they couldn't fathom how could a single individual squeeze out such a terrifying amount of Ki energy.

Such a thing could only be done by a Legendary Youkai or a True Goddess.

So, when the local Goddesses learned about the fact that he was a male... the poor Tengu almost got their headquarters burned to cinders.

Fortunately, the Hakurei Shrine Maiden and a mysterious hermit were able to save the Tengu from the crazy women.

But the death sphere in the air is still looming over them as it gets closer to their land with every passing minute.

To solve this incident, the Hakurei Maiden and the hermit who claimed to be one of the Youkai Sages are now talking to find a solution.

"Rather... aren't you the damn Hakurei Maiden? Use those Yin-Yang Orbs of yours or something."