6. my heart will never feel

CHAPTER SIX

MATURE CONTENT

MATURE CONTENT

SHE WAS ANGRY. Roseva Baratheon was unhinged. Rhaenyra was the one to tell her what had occurred.

An heir for a day.

Daemon had opened his massive mouth as usual, in front of his men and whores and Roseva had enough of it. It didn't take him long to knock on her chamber door — she knew he was coming.

"Rose, please", she heard him beg when she didn't open it. "I'm sorry".

Roseva shifted in her seat, she had been writing a letter to her cousin, Steffon Baratheon, she hasn't spoken to him in years but needed his help with something.

As she opened the door, he came stumbling in due to him leaning on it, the force of her opening it nearly knocked the wind out of him.

He knew he had fucked up, especially by the look on her face. He knew he was in for it.

"Have you gone completely mad?!", she yelled, grabbing his ear and pulling him into her chambers, slamming the door behind her.

"Ow!".

"An heir for a day? You cunt", she let go of his hair and slapped his face — he let her.

Roseva seethed at him before turning her back on him, he looked at her pitiful, with regret. "People grieve in their own way", he had told his brother the same thing.

"Don't jest with me", the woman spat, turning to him shortly but didn't meet his eyes.

Daemon took a deep breathe, "I'm leaving", that had gained her attention. Her frown settled in and his heart seemed to slow as her slowly broke.

"Again, you mean?", her voice turned bitter and he gave her a look.

"Don't be like that", he pleaded, taking a step forward but she took one back — not wanting him near her.