10. robert hightower

CHAPTER TEN

TW: ABUSE & OTTO

TW: ABUSE & OTTO

two years later

two years later . . .

IT HAD BEEN two years since Roseva Baratheon became Roseva Hightower — wife of the Hand of the King. Two years of hell and torture and she was sure the Gods were punishing her.

Within those two years, Roseva had birthed a son called Robert Hightower and Otto could have been happier but he cared not for the child, he only had plans to wed him to Rhaenyra if Viserys refused Aegon — these plans were not shared with his wife because he could not trust her with such information.

Roseva looked into the small mirror adorning her chambers, Otto had his own and she had hers but he would come for her in the night and if she refused she would wake up in the morrow with fresh bruises after he took what he came for anyway.

The woman cupped her face, pale fingers brushed over the bruise under her eyes and flinched slightly when he ached under her touch. She looked down at the mixture she had made and applied it to her face to cover the bruise — something she had grown used to over the two years.

Steffon knew of what Otto was doing as more often than not Roseva would come into his chambers and hold her as she cried. He was angry and had been angry for two whole years and would continue to be angry until Roseva told him he could kill Otto — but every time he tried to, she begged him not to.

He was the Hand of the King and Viserys wouldn't hesitate to cut off the man's head if he killed Otto and Roseva had lost enough already.

It was Aegon's second name day and the whole city was rejoicing to their Prince. Once Roseva arrived at the celebration she noticed her husband straight away but he hadn't noticed her. She took her opportunity to walk over to Rhaenyra and Steffon over by the table — Rhaenyra noticed her and smiled lightly as passed Robert over to his mother.