14. busy bees and perfect kids

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

TW: MENTIONS OF DIFFICULT BIRTHS

IT HAD BEEN ten years since the events of Rhaenyra and Laenor's wedding feast — a lot had happened that night after Daemon Targaryen had finally confessed his love for Roseva Baratheon

IT HAD BEEN ten years since the events of Rhaenyra and Laenor's wedding feast — a lot had happened that night after Daemon Targaryen had finally confessed his love for Roseva Baratheon. People had died, new alliances were formed and betrayals were made.

Roseva had no part in any of it. She had been through enough.

Rhaenyra and Alicent's relationship had obliterated in thin air as though they were never once friends but one thing they did agree on was to keep their mother—figure out of their mess.

And so they did.

Roseva married Daemon shortly after they left Kings Landing and took Robert with them — the Targaryen took the young boy and raised him as his own just as he had promised his wife that night before he swept her.

In the short ten years, Roseva had birthed another son, Daeron Targaryen, the splitting image of his father. The birth had been quick and easy and Daemon was with her the whole time cussing at anyone who brought his wife discomfort.

Shortly after that, she then birthed the twins — rhaegar first then Rhaena five short minutes after. Roseva had been ecstatic that there was a girl that she could dress up and be with her when the boys got on her nerves.

However, this birth was a lot harder than her first two and the maester had offered words to try a new method but Roseva was against it immediately even though the man was asking her husband.

It was ridiculous, asking Daemon what to do with her body. She was horrified, sprawled open—legged on her shared chamber bed that was slowly turning red from the blood.

Her husband had immediately noticed her scared complexion and advised against it and returned to her side and helped her through the rest of her birth — he knew that as soon as the maester had mentioned the approach she had thought of Aemma.