20. pity partys in flames

CHAPTER TWENTY

ROSEVA descended down the steps to the throne room, her children and husband walking down beside her and joined the rest of their family who were already situated on the right side of the hall as the others stood on the other side

She could feel her Otto and Roberts eyes on her for different reasons but she looked at neither of them. Otto then looked at Robert but the boy merely glared at him. He was sitting on the Iron Throne as Hand of the King — it was the closest he would ever get to it again for as long as Robert could help it.

As they walked past, Daeron glared at Vaemond — the boy looked at him with disgust and annoyance and Vaemond glared back with the same expression.

Rose met with Rhaenyra and the pair smiled at each other before she met the eyes of Alicent who stood with her children, her eyes lingered on the Queen for a few moments before looking away.

"How long until we start?", Roseva asked her husband as she walked into his arms. His hands slid around her waist as he stood behind her, her back to his chest.

"Not long hopefully, I'm fucking bored already", Daeron beat his father to the answer. Daemon shook his head with a smirk at his sons words but Roseva was not impressed.

The woman then turned to look around the room, she could see Laena's daughters with Rhaenys who stood in the middle of the hall looking undecided but didn't show much emotion to the matter.

"Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds", Otto started and Roseva looked right at him now — refusing to be scared of him. "We gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark. As Hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters".

"Can someone shut him up", Rhaena whispered and Rhaegar slapped her thighs with his book making her glare at him.

"The crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon". Vaemond then stepped forward at the Hands words, not without casting a glance towards Rhaenyra and Steffon with a smug look.