21. the first betrayal

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

MATURE CONTENT,, messy timeline bc idk

THE TARGARYEN FAMILY landed back on Dragonstone shortly after they left that evening — wanting to get back home soon as possible after the events of the dinner party

Roseva had ushered the children straight to bed after their ship docked the harbour and made way to her own with her husband beside her.

The woman cupped her husbands face with one hand as she sat in his lap and rested the side of her head against his — his arms wrapped around her like a blanket keeping her warm.

She loved when he was like this. So at peace and content compared to other times when he couldn't settle and would just wonder the halls leaving his side of the bed empty and cold.

"Tonight was . . . interesting", she murmured and moved her head to look at him when he laughed, taking her finger to draw lines on his smile lines making him look at her softly.

"It was indeed. Best night I've had in a while", he replied and gave her a devious look.

"Oh really? Because I recall you saying that a few nights ago after I suck—", the woman couldn't finish her sentence because her mouth was against his within an instant making her giggle against them.

Daemon kissed her softly, cupping her face, "Quiet, lady wife. I don't want the whole of Dragonstone to know how good my wife's mouth is", he spoke against her lips, "I'll be fighting men at my old age and that won't end well . . . for them".

Rose blushed and kissed him again before nipping at his neck. His hands grabbed her waist and pulled her over his lap completely — her legs resting over each side of his waist. A gasp escaped her mouth when Daemon lifted her skirts up and rubbed his cold hands over her thighs, sending shivers down her spine.