7. threats have been made

CHAPTER SEVEN

TW: OTTO ( he deserves his own tw)

IT had been a year since Roseva had departed from Daemon and much had changed

IT had been a year since Roseva had departed from Daemon and much had changed. Rhaenyra had gotten older and grew more resentful toward her father, especially with Alicent who had married Viserys swiftly — leaving the Princess to spend all her time with Roseva.

The two had become closer than before if that was even possible, they often slept in the same bed after spending hours talking of nothing and everything — it hasn't taken Roseva long to tell Rhaenyra what had occurred between herself and Daemon. The princess had been surprised but comforted her nonetheless, promising not to tell a soul.

Roseva remembered the day that started her own personal hell, a day she wished she could forget.

"Good morrow, my lords", Viserys walked toward them in the council room, Rhaenyra and Roseva being summoned as well as Alicent who stood beside her father as Roseva stood beside the princess. "I have decided to take a new wife".

Roseva clutched Rhaenyra's hand in hers and swallowed at the news. She watched as Rhaenyra nodded to her father who seemed hesitant, a small smile on her face in encouragement — she knew duty and she knew he needed to do it.

"I intend to marry", he spoke and looked toward Otto and Alicent, Roseva furrowing her brows and turned her head as well, Rhaenyra doing the same when the pieces fit together when Alicent looked to the pair ashamed.

Roseva blinked multiple times with a look of confusion towards Viserys, who looked back at her before looking down for a moment before speaking again, "The Lady Alicent Hightower, before springs end".

The women looked back to Otto's smug face and Alicent's pensive one, her hands picking at each other due to her nerves, Roseva knew what had happened and she knew Otto was responsible.