19. the vultures have risen

CHAPTER NINETEEN

IT HAD BEEN SIX YEARS since Rhaenyra and Daemon had moved their families to Dragonstone

IT HAD BEEN SIX YEARS since Rhaenyra and Daemon had moved their families to Dragonstone. The families lived in peace together and shared many tales for the history books.

Roseva had taken the time to be there for her children — being there when Daemon taught them high Valyrian, watching the skies when he taught them how to ride their dragons with Rhaegar at her side as he had yet to claim a dragon.

Steffon had done the same for his children and his "step" children but everyone who lived there knew the real truth of the parentage of Jacaerys and Lucerys Velaryon and accepted it with love but denied it always to outsiders.

Rhaenyra had birthed two more of Steffon's children and was now with child with what she hoped was their daughter who she would name Visenya.

Roseva, as she had promised, did not have anymore children after her son Baelon was born much to Daemon's annoyance — he accepted it nonetheless but that didn't stop him from bedding his wife every night and day, whenever they wanted.

The woman had also as promised made sure Rewan came with them and Daemon trained him every day alongside his sons as they grew older. Robert was now a man grown at the age of eighteen, Daeron at near seventeen, the twins — Rhaegar and Rhaena at fifteen and little Baelon at near six years young. And of course Rewan exceeded all their ages at twenty—two.

Roseva had matured heavily of the years as well as her body after having so many children but Daemon thought she was as beautiful as the day he met her when she arrived in Kings Landing when they were young. And he loved her every day since and would for the rest of his days.

Daemon came into the room where Rhaenyra was teaching her son, Jacaerys, the Velaryon tongue with Steffon sitting beside them reading a book with his youngest children playing with toys on the floor by his feet.

"Leave us", Rhaenyra spoke as Roseva came into the room with Robert beside her — Rewan, of course, not being far behind. Jacaerys called for his brother, Joffrey and picked up his youngest brothers and walked out the room.