15. the wishing well

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

ROSEVA TARGARYEN awoke to find her husband missing from the bed beside her

ROSEVA TARGARYEN awoke to find her husband missing from the bed beside her. The woman sat up and brushed her hair away from her face and shifted to climb off the bed.

Her feet touched the cold floor making her shiver before she put on her shift dressing gown and covered her feet with her shoes before leaving her chambers.

Her first thought was to find her husband — she hated arguing with him but it was rare he ever saw her side of things. Daemon was a high born man and she understood he had to make decisions he necessarily didn't want to make but it was expected of him.

That often coursed a rift between their marriage but nonetheless they stayed strong. Neither Roseva or Daemon ever let their fights get to the point where their marriage was on the brink of doom.

They loved each other too much for that.

Roseva stopped when she heard humming, a small and low hummer but she heard it. She approached the room with an open door and entered to see her son, Rhaegar sitting by the fire with his dragon egg in hand humming a Valyrian tune that he must have gotten from his father.

Rhaegar was the only one from her children with Daemon to not get a dragon. He had an egg but it never hatched. Roseva understood his eagerness and disappointment to an extent but she wasn't a Targaryen therefore she never truly knew how it felt to not be able to bond with a dragon.

Daemon understood and often Rhaegar would find himself in his fathers arms in tears when another year went by where the egg hadn't hatched. His father did everything he could to tame the sadness his son was feeling and helped him start his journal.

Rhaegar was a fantastic artist and had started drawing different dragons he had gotten from his fathers books as well as sitting with Caraxes and drew him while Daemon sat beside him reading another book.