18. additions and plans of death

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

DAEMON watched his wife from across the room, upon entering their chambers he stopped when he noticed his wife still laying in bed — it was midday

The events of the previous night left her disheartened. She didn't want to pick sides and she wasn't going to but what kind of mother . . . what kind of person would she be if she let Alicent do something she would come to regret or worse, killed? Hence why she stepped in the way.

"Rose, love", Daemon strolled forward to see her looking ahead of her blankly, watching the beads of sunlight coming through. "You should have something to eat, this isn't good for you . . . or for the babe".

"The babes fine", she croaked, "I just want to be alone". Daemon stroked her hair back and nodded, lifting her hand to kiss it before standing to leave room and head toward the kitchens to have something made for his wife when she was ready.

Roseva laid peacefully in her bed, the covers hiding her body was from the world as she stared into the nothingness. She felt a lot of regret and grief over what had happened.

But she was only human and humans made mistakes, she didn't want that to be held against her.

A knock on the door made her groan, "What?", she called and shifted to see who had come in when the door opened. She turned to see Steffon with a small smile.

"Cousin, a boy is here for you. He says his name is Rewan — you know him?", Steffon watched as Roseva blinked and sat up.

Rewan was the little boy who came to her chambers one night and told her of the affair Otto was having behind her back, she told him when she was leaving that if he was ever in danger go to Driftmark and ask for princess Rhaenys — knowing Lord Corlys and Rhaenys were the kindest and would allow him to stay in Driftmark until they were able to contact Roseva.

The woman got up from the bed, Steffon helped her put her dress over her shift and brush her messy hair — he often did that when he was a child because of Roseva's trouble sleeping, it soothed her.