I am not the only traveler.

It was 5 am but Mark couldn't get any more sleep for the life of him.

He stared at the ceiling, too drained to get up.

"Why are you awake already ?"

"What are you doing here ?"

"I live here."

...

Mark wasn't in the mood to talk right now so he finally gathered all his strength to go get ready.

He stood in front of the mirror in his bathroom, his eyes puffy and red from the lack of sleep.

"Maybe you can conceal it with some make up."

"What ? Are you following me now.."

"Like I said, I live here."

"I need to get ready. Please stop now."

"Stop what Mark ? I'm just talking to you."

"I can't get ready when you're standing there behind me." He answered, leaning against his bathroom sink.

"I just-"

"NUEA FOR FUCKS SAKE I CAN'T DO THIS TODAY." He snapped, leaving Nuea speechless.

"I'm sorry. It will rain today, don't forget your umbrella." He said and left.

Mark stared down at his hands.

He didn't want to see his face right now.

Drained, unstable, aggressive..

"Good job Mark.." He whispered to himself and began to get ready.

He took a quick shower, hoping it would warm his cold skin, but it only brought back memories he tried so hard to surpress.

He dressed himself in a beautiful black suit, his heart aching thinking about the occasion.

"Hey Nuea ?" He said as he walked down into the kitchen.

"Yes darling ?"

"I'm sorry for earlier. You know today is a hard day for me and I didn't get enough sleep.."

"It's okay baby. I understand. It's not an everyday thing to attend a funeral and I'm proud of you for actually going. I will be right by your side, okay ?" The black haired boy smiled at his boyfriend, trying to comfort him.

"I know.. thank you."

"I love you Mark."

"I love you too Nuea."

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

"Saying goodbye to a loved one in this world is arguably one of the most difficult moments to go through for family and friends. It is all the more important to say goodbye to this special person in a special, personal and individual way and to embark on a small journey through the life of the deceased together, since it is precisely these memories that stay with us forever and live on."

"Are you okay?" Nuea asked his boyfriend.

Mark was fighting his tears while listening to the pastors speech.

"Hm.." He said with a little nod, trying to not disturb other family members.

"He may be gone, but he will always live on in our hearts."

"Do you need a tissue?"

"No it's fine Nuea." The young boy answered.

"He was young but god needed him, so he took him away from our eyes, not our memories or hearts."