were filled with tears

Mark sat in his car in front of the cemetery.

He sat here for nearly twenty minutes now, the red candles and the frame in his hands.

He tried to build up the courage to actually go to Nueas grave.

He knew that his boyfriends parents and sister already went this morning and he told them he would visit him today as well.

He really wanted to to, but he was so nervous.

It's been a whole year, yet you could count on one hand how many times Mark came here.

He always avoided visiting, which made it even harder for him.

>I got this..< he said, pulled out his carkey and stepped out of the car.

He closed the door and with each step towards the big, metal doors , his heart was beating faster and faster.

He walked through the big, green graveyard until he finally saw Nueas grave from afar.

He felt nauseous like he was about to either puke or faint.

The boy tried to stay calm until he finally arrived.

"Will this ever get any easier ?" He asked himself and sat down in front of Nueas grave.

"Hi baby." He said smiling.

"I hope you're good."

The young boy needed a second to calm his fast beating heart.

"I can't believe that it's been a whole year without you already.. It feels like it was yesterday that you and I became a couple. Suddenly there was this diagnosis and now... I'm sitting here, talking to a stone with your picture and name on it.."

...

"I don't know if it's ever going to be easier to come here but I'll try my best to come here more often.."

Mark looked around.

It was silent and nobody else was in sight.

"Nuea, baby.. I really hope you can hear me somehow.. I don't know if you're already reborn and it might sound selfish to say that I hope you're still here with me, but I really wish that you can hear my words.."

...

"It's been days since I last dreamed about you.. And I don't know if it was you who visited me or if I just thought so much about you and the whole Vee situation that my mind made you appear in my dream, but your words really opened my eyes."

>I should just shut up..<

"Well.. You reminded me of what you've said to me. You want me to be happy. You want me to marry and have kids who I can tell about you."

...

"Baby, I am ready to let you go." Mark said with tears in his eyes as he said those words.

"I'm ready to let you go.. I won't forget you, hell no. I will always love you."

>Oh lord..< The young boy thought as he finally began to cry.

"I wanted to tell you that I will try to get to know Vee further and I want you to know that I have feelings for him. I don't know where this is all going to take me, but I want you to know that I'm ready to start a new relationship. I know that you're probably really happy now after hearing this. It took me so long to finally accept the fact that there is a life after you. When you died, I thought I died as well. My time stopped the second yours did. Without you, my time didn't make sense anymore until I met Vee. You told me that I should tell him how I feel and that's exactly what I did. I hope you're proud of me ! And guess what - he actually forgave me. Well at least he said that."