Chapter 20 The final battle & going to prom

Something weird happened when we morphed. We were in super dino mode but we didn't even say super dino mode. "Tyrano power!" Conner said. "Tricera power!" Ethan said. "Ptetra power!" Kira said. "Bracio power!" Tommy said. "Velocir power!" I said. "Spino power!" John said. "Drago power!" George said. "Dino rangers!" We all said. "This is it." Conner said. We went towards Mesagog as he tried to blast us. Mesagog knocked Ethan to the ground. I started to attack him from behind with John. Mesagog threw Kira, Tommy, and George off of him. Then Conner jumped onto his back and grabbed him by the neck. "I got him." Conner said. Then Conner did a backflip to get off of him. Then Ethan and George fought him for a while, then they got blasted. Tommy got pushed up against a car and got blasted. "Hey, back off!" I said when I saw Tommy go down. Mesagog pushed the car towards me and I jumped up into the air and ran over the top of the car. He blasted me, sending me to the ground. Conner got closer to him. "My turn!" Conner said. Mesagog used his tongue to pick Conner up and threw him to the ground. Then Ethan came in on his motorcycle and launched some lazers at Mesagog. He turned around and as be was going back towards him Mesagog blasted him. "Over here Mesagog. Triassic ranger!" Conner said to go into the triassic ranger form. He went into the battlelized mode and used the cannons. The blast was so hard that it sent Mesagog flying back into a pile of wooden boxes, steel barrels, and concrete blocks and slabs. We walked up to him. "You did it Conner." Kira said. "Yeah, thanks." Conner said. Then Mesagog rose up from the pile. "Unbelievable." Tommy said. "You can say that again." I said. Then Mesagog replicated himself to make a clone of himself. "He's replicating." Conner said. Then Mesagog did it again so that there were four Mesagogs. "One was bad enough." John said. "How do we fight them all?" Ethan asked. "Guys, we have to use all of our powers, it's the only way." Tommy said. "Right." Conner said. Ethan and Kira both said okay. John and I both said alright. "Do it Conner." George said. "Power rangers!" We all said. "I summoned the power of the gem." Conner said. "Dino gems untie!" We said as our powers came together and formed a tyranosauras rex. (Aka: T-rex) "Oh god." Mesagog said. We sent the t-rex at him and destroyed him once and for all. We regrouped with each other after that. "Everyone okay?" Tommy asked. "I feel... different." Conner said. "Yeah, like normal again." George said. "Same here." John said. "Me too." Kira said. "Same." I said. "It's gone. The power's gone." Ethan said. "It took everything the gems had to destroy Mesagog." Tommy said. "So these are just ancient artifacts." Conner said. "That will look great in a museum." Tommy added. Then two of our classmates walked up to us along with Elsa. "Hello rangers." Dominic said. "So you know then." I said. "Well, I kinda already knew but I had to show Dominic in person." Jesse said. "This is like the greatest thing ever. And we got it all on tape. You know a reporter could make a whole career out of this." Dominic said. "Dominic, do you realize what our lives will be like if that tape gets out?" Tommy asked. "Yeah, I do. That's why I'm giving this to you." Dominic said as he gave it to Tommy. "Wait, Dominic passing up a scoop of a lifetime? Why?" I asked. "Because you're my friends. It wouldn't be right to ruin your lives just to make mine better. Not after everything you've done for us." Dominic said. "I always knew there was a heart deep down in there somewhere." Ethan said. "Yeah, I just need someone to help me find it. Now, if you'll excuse us, we're off to the prom." Dominic said before he walked away with Jesse. Elsa gave us a smile and walked away. "Just like that, life goes back to normal." Conner said. "Our lives may be normal but trust me, it will never be the same." Tommy said. Then we went back to our houses and got ready for prom. Later that night John and I went to prom with the rest of our friends. Hayley walked up to us. "Don't you two look nice." Hayley said. "Thanks Hayley." I said. Then we noticed Ethan. He was playing a game on a gameboy. Then Conner walked up to us with his date for prom. "Ethan, what's up? You remember Kirsta." Conner said. "Sure I remember." Ethan said. "I'm gonna get a drink. Do you want some?" Krista said. "Yeah, that'd be great." Conner said. "That reminds me, I was going to get a drink too." I said as I started to walk over to the snacks and drink table. "Can you get me one too?" John asked. "Sure, I'll be right back." I said. "What's up with you and the tree girl?" Ethan asked. "Dude, it's what's on the inside that counts." Conner said. "Our little Conner's all grown up." Ethan joked. "So what changed your mind? Had all the mutant freaks you could handle for one year?" Conner asked. "Actually I had a chance to rethink the whole prom tradition thing." Ethan said. Then Krista and I walked back over to them with the drinks. "Have you guys seen Kira?" I asked. "Nope." John said. "Maybe she's blowing it off. She said she didn't have a date." Conner said. "Hey guys." George said. We looked up and saw George. "Hey George." I said. "So George, what's next for you?" Virginia asked. "I'm actually going to go to Slippery Rock University. What about you?" George said. "I was thinking about going to the Commonwealth Technical Institute at Hiram G Andrews Center." Virginia said. "That's like two hours away. George said. "I know." Virginia said. Then she turned to face Tommy. "What are you going to do Tommy?" Virginia asked. "I was thinking about staying here teaching. You know, living a quiet life." Tommy said. "I think you definitely deserve it, after what happened last time with the lab that our research was in." I said as I walked up to him with John. "Yeah, what about you guys?" Tommy asked. "We're going to the Commonwealth Technical Institute at Hiram G Andrews Center." John said. "Hey, didn't Joe say that he was going there too?" I asked. "Yeah, we can all hang out together when we have some free time." John said. "I gotta go." Tommy said. "You out of here?" George asked. "No, I gotta introduce the band." Tommy said. "Okay." George said. We went back downstairs so that we can dance with everyone else. Tommy went up onto the stage to introduce the band. "Hey guys. I just want to say we've had an interesting year. We've been through a lot, more than any school should have to go through, but we made it and we're okay. That's what's important. So let's have fun tonight and to help us do that, here she is, Kira Ford." Tommy said. He got off the stage and the curtain went to either side. Kira played a song that I never heard before.

We had so much fun at prom. Kira played all of her songs that she played before. The last song she played was patiently.

We went home after prom. John walked me home. "Thanks for walking me home." I said. "No problem." John said. Then we kissed each other and he went home. I walked into my house and my dad came up to me. "Hey sweetheart, did you have fun at prom?" Mike asked. "Yeah, it was really fun." I said. "Well, I'm glad you had a good time." Mike said. Then I went to bed for the night. It was midnight when I got home. A few weeks later we had graduation. In five years we might have a high school reunion, which I hope will be just as fun as prom was. But the story doesn't end here. There's more to it. Let's jump forward to when my friends and I went to college. My friends and I wanted to do different programs but since we were not exactly up to speed we were in COR. Virginia and I were in the same group. Joe and John were in a different group. We had a fifteen minute break in the morning and the afternoon. We would hang out with each other during our breaks and since our classes ended around four we would usually go down to the rec hall to hang out. We could even go off-campus to do things.