33. Vanilla Like Ethan Clarke

I was parched.

That was the only thought that registered as Ethan Clarke stood above me.

His towering stature seemed even more profound as I sat on my bed, my head tilted up to look at him.

To say that I was staring was an understatement.

Not that I could be blamed either because any living, breathing human being that was attracted to the male gender would do the same.

Because Ethan Clarke was the epitome of an ideal male physique.

Toned and broad shouldered, he obviously managed to fit in taking care of his body into his busy schedule of running the family business. Abs were clearly carved and outlined, ones that usually grazed the cover of Men's Health.

I swallowed hard, feeling my throat dry up as my face started to burn up.

What the hell are you doing Ashleigh? I internally yelled at myself as I tore my eyes away from his body and forced it to stare at the throw blanket that covered my legs.

What the he'll did I just do? Was I really staring at his body so blatantly? Did he catch me?

I felt like crawling under the blanket and hiding under it under Ethan Clarke left my room. I was mortified at how I had gawked at his body like it was an All-You-Can-Stare Buffet.

Maybe if I kept staring at my blanket and didn't say anything, he would just walk away, I thought, trying hard not to glance up at him as he continued to stand there.

"What are you doing?" he broke the silence.

I tried to dwell on the amusement that clearly laced his voice.

"What are you thinking?" He asked again, this time followed by a low chuckle. "Ms Bishop, if you don't answer my question, I'll-"

"Ice Cream!"

That stopped his chuckles.

I felt my face burn even more. I was probably as red as a ripe tomato.

I couldn't help but be grateful that the light shining through the gap in my curtains was only on him and I was in the dark. Even though he could see my outline and my face, he couldn't see how red my face was.

He chuckled again, filling the room.

"Ice Cream?" He asked.

I nodded. I didn't know why I had said that out loud. Yes, I had been craving ice cream, I always craved ice cream when I woke up from a nightmare.

The stark coldness as I ate it always seemed gave me a comfort, and even with its harsh coldness, I always felt like it was a comforting warm hug.

However, despite my cravings, I shouldn't have yelled it at Ethan Clarke. He must think that I was a crazy lunatic that had gone senile after a nightmare.

"Ice cream?" He repeated his words, chuckling as he did.

I nodded once again. "Do you have any by chance?" I asked.

Of course, I knew he would say no and I was counting on that. Because once he did, I could ask him to leave my room so I could get some rest.

"Yes," he replied.

"Chocolate?"

He shook his head, and for a moment he looked disgusted by what I had said. "I only have vanilla."

"Vanilla?" I couldn't hide the laugh that escaped.

"What?"

"I... it's just so... you."