Chapter 3,"Will Being 'Friends' Make This Easier?"

"Remember,the East Royal Family is waiting for us."

The soft spoken,yet firm prince of the North warns,Shuichi Saihara.
Miu,the princess of the West,and Kokichi,the prince of the South quickly cease their bickering.

"Lets make our way downstairs.Hurry now."

Kaede,the princess of the East and the daughter to the hosting family,begins to walk father down the hallway,knowing exactly where the nearest flight of stairs were.

None of them chose to lag behind this time.The air was clear and the tension seems to have been dispersed.

The hallways being so vast,and the silence ever so growing didnt seem to put a damper on the light air surrounding the ninth generation of the royal families.

Even though they werent particularly speaking as the made their way to the 2nd dining hall of the castle,you could still sense some sort of...joy that was absent before earlier that day.

It took no time for the heirs to appear infront of the doors belonging to the 2nd dininghall.They could hear commotion emanating from behind the thick oak doors standing in their way.

"It sounds really busy in there..."

Shuichi pauses,alittle hesitant to enter.
No one knew what to expect when appearing infront of Kaede's parents.

"Meh.Lets hurry up.I wanna head back to my room."

With no hesitation,the arrogant Miu of the West Kingdom,places her hand on the door and pushes it open,revealing the scent of....meat.

Shuichi could tell the scent emitting from inside was immediately that of...roasted chicken and pork.He wasnt well known for his keen sense of smell but,it was quite sharp.

"Ah!I know this aroma!"

Kaede's expression beams,her eyes shining brightly.She quickly rushes pass Miu by the door and enters the dininghall,leaving her 'friends' standing there,like deers in headlights.

It took a bit of time but each heir slowly enter the dininghall,their average body language,abit stiff.

They enter to find a very long dark oak table in the middle of the vast beige,marble hall,covered in a snow white table cloth,and from end to end,decorated with plates and bowls of various kinds of food.Pitchers and cups filled with various wines and blends of fruits along with silverware were placed on the table as well.

Maids and butlers alike ran to and fro from the the dining table,scrambling to get everything done in due time.All the heirs' parents sat in beautiful oak,maroon cushioned chairs,spaced evenly to where their offspring could be seated next to them.They were busy speaking amongst themselves.

The queen and king of the East stood at the head of the table,chatting with a couple maids and butlers that passed.Once the heirs stepped inside,Kaede,the East princess asks...

"Mother,whats all this?"

Her eyes scan all the delicious food laid out as she spoke to her mother.An excited blush powdered her cheeks.It wasnt obvious,but Kaede Akamatsu was a big fan of food.She never told anyone because she thought they would see this obsession with food as....un-lady like.

"Well,if you must know,I have realized how stressful things have been for everyone.The long journeys,the arranged marriages.So,as queen and the host of our guests,I made it my duty to create a very wonderful early afternoon feast.What else brings a calm atmosphere other than a wonderful feast?"

You could see the joy emitting of the queen of the East,her smile identical to Kaede's.

"Everything smells great,Your Majesty!"