Chapter 11,"Just Stay."

Nature was freshly doused from the rain.Every leaf, blade of grass was clothed in dew drops from the previous day's shower.

The East Kingdom's castle was glistening in the early morning sunrays.Each raindrop on the castle's walls like a mirror to the nature's beauty.

People in the town were bustling.The air smelt sweet with the scent of freshly fallen rain.The day started cool,with a moist,gentle breeze giving the feeling of comforting kiss to anyone's face.

The morning seemed perfect after such harsh weather from yesterday.A perfect morning for everyone,common folk and royalty alike.But...sadly,not everyone had a perfect morning like we first thought.

Yesterday's rain caused a sudden schedule shift for our daring prince of the South,Kokichi Oma.Heir to the South Kingdom's throne.Like his peers,he had been caught in the sudden downpour but unlike his peers,Kokichi had contracted an illness.

The day before,his symptoms were mild,just a soft sneeze.Nothing too major.He spent his time with his peers and danced the day away with Shuichi Saihara,the heir of the North Kingdom,then he went to bed in his fluffy,snug,purple themed sheets in his custom purple themed room.

But throughout the night,Kokichi made a fateful mistake. He left his window open throughout the night.The cold winds of the East were nothing but poison to Kokichi's declining health.So,our excitable prince awoke in the early hours of the 'perfect' morning with a high fever,a headache,a scratchy throat and a pained chest.

Everytime he inhaled,a mild pain echoed in his torso,and a soft wheeze emitted from his mouth.He sat up,extremely uncomfortable and hot.He felt like he was melting,trapped in his sheets and pajamas.A scratch in his throat made him cough harshly,but the unease persisted,no matter how much he coughed.

His face was flushed.His ears,cheeks,nose.On his pale skin,the flush could be mistaken for vibrant red paint.His vibrant purple eyes were now dulled with illness and half lidded.He was even paler now.

He tried to slide out of bed,letting his feet hang off the side but he was suddenly struck with a pounding headache,which nearly made our Kokichi pass out.He tried to take calming breaths but his aching chest didn't allow that.

His vision was getting blurry in his peripherals.Kokichi knew he had to call someone.In this state,he couldn't hide his illness from anyone.It was still early,breakfast hadn't started yet,so Kokichi thought he had time to get someone without drawing too much attention.

He dragged himself out of bed,his own weight,once managable,pulling him downward.His headache got worse as he stood upright on shaky legs.His wheezing got worse,and he was already fighting an uphill battle to breathe well through his aching throat.

He glanced at his bedroom door,closed and locked for safety throughout the night.He stumbled over to the wooden door and shakily grabbed the door knob.He unlocked it and pulled it towards him to open it.That action alone nearly depleted him of all his energy.

His headache and blurry vision were the main obstacles in the way of getting help.He could deal with the fever,the achy chest,the scratchy throat but the headache felt like it would make him pass out if he wasn't very careful.

He stumbled outside his room,leaning on his doorframe before he fell over,cause if he did,he wouldn't be able to get back up.He made his way into the hallway,his breathing uneven.

Kokichi didnt dare call out,knowing his throat would probably bleed,that's what it felt like atleast.He needed to find someone,preferably a servant who he could send to get his mother.Then...

"Pipsqueak?"

A familiar voice called out from behind Kokichi,which made his body jolt.He turned to see,with his blurred vision,his friend and fiance Miu Iruma,princess of the West.She was exiting her own room,positioned next to his.