Chapter 9,"That's...Interesting."

A couple days later...
The soft sound of hurried steps echoed in the well decorated hallway. Determination and purpose were behind each step as the early morning light grew brighter and brighter.

The hurried footsteps belonged to Lady Miu,the princess of the West Kingdom.Her brow was furrowed,her ice blue eyes shadowed with impatience.

She had an idea.
An idea that took her a couple days to follow through with.In her hand was a rolled piece of paper with a familiar drawing on it.

A plan,created by the one and only Shuichi Saihara a couple days ago.The one she commissioned him to create for her.

Our Miu had to act quickly before anyone was awake enough to see her.Miu would use the plan she had to do something she thought as very spectacular.All she had to do was keep out of sight until she reached her destination.

But even this objective was unachievable as Miu continued onward.As she swiftly turned the corner at the end of the hallway,her figure collided with something,causing her to stumble back.

Miu's vision was shortly obscured as she tried to gather her bearings.Once she had regained composure,she looks up to find...another figure in her same position.

There stood Shuichi Saihara,the prince of the North Kingdom.He seemed to be in sort of a hurry aswell.Contrasting to his dark blue pajamas,a small beige vase rested in his hands,protectively pressed against Shuichi's chest.He was shielding it after the sudden collision.

Miu was over washed with embarrassment and confusion.So with her arrogant and booming voice,she couldn't help but comment on the situation.

"Sir Shuichi??What are you doing up so early??"

Miu crosses her arms across her chest,her cheeks dusted with a pink that screamed shame.She didn't want to be seen.

Shuichi lifts his head,his golden gaze meeting Miu's ice blue's.There was silence for a second,until Shuichi was quick to respond to her question.

"I should a-ask you that!"

The bookworm prince blinks in confusion,his eyebrows furrowing as he couldn't seem to come up with a reason why his peer would be up so soon.

"Don't turn my question back on me!"

Miu's voice bubbled with annoyance.
Her glare then scanned Shuichi from head to toe.She then adds...

"And...why are you out of your room in pajamas?Also,whats with the vase??"

Shuichi instinctual response was to blush deeply,his cheeks cut with a crimson red.

What sat in the vase was a singular orchid.An orchid that had immense meaning for Shuichi but meant little to Miu.

"This flower...of mine started to wilt, so I wanted...to make sure it was well taken care of."

The bookworm's voice faltered.
His gaze now glued to the floor.

"Anyway.Why are you so fully dressed at this time?Where are you going?"

Shuichi quickly changes the subject,his shoulders relaxing now that he wasn't in the spotlight anymore.

Miu's breathing hitched.
She brushes stray strands of hair from her face behind her ear.

"I-...I'm just going to test something...is all..."

Her voice was barely above a mumble.
A shocking behavior for the loud,illustrious Miu Iruma of the West Kingdom.Shuichi wasn't convinced,yet he decided not to press the matter.

"Well...okay.But I suggest you hurry back to your room.It's...not safe at this time."

A gentle smile tugged at Shuichi's lips.His care for his new friend was quite obvious.However,Miu was flustered by this sudden display of affection...