Chapter 13,"Feelings Change."

A week came and gone since the day the four heirs of the Four Directions left the East castle to partake in a relieving adventure,the stress of being royalty washed away like a leaf down a stream.

On this new day's morning,the prince of the North,Shuichi Saihara,found himself inside of the East castle's library.

The raven haired prince had awoken on this early morning with a thirst for entertainment.Stories of witches and elves,brave yet heartbroken heros.And where did such fantasy thrive?The library.

He had dressed himself for the day,then found himself within the walls of a familiar place,said walls lined with many bookshelves,filled to the brim with colorful books.The smell of old books and freshly watered plants made the atmosphere within the library light and airy.He was use to this scent,to him it was comforting.

He sat in a wooden chair,cushioned with a blood red material,at the elegant wooden table with a couple in hand. He opened the hard backed books with a gentle touch,his gloved fingers lingering on the pale yellow pages,faded with age. His golden gaze wandered over the dark brown words etched into the paper as he began to get lost in the world of imagination and history.

At this time,breakfast was being prepared for the royal family,and it was only a matter of time until the bookworm of a prince was sought out to be called for the first meal of the day,so he had to enjoy his quiet morning before too late.

As calming as the day started,it felt quite...quick.To the North prince,it seemed like from the hour he woke to the hour he sat in the well lit library was nothing but 5 minutes long.He felt like he was missing something,yet he couldn't understand what.

The past week was nothing out of the ordinary for him.He interacting with his peers quite well and prepared for the upcoming ball with the aid of his parents.

Right,the ball.The masquerade ball.
Though reading,Shuichi's thoughts were somewhere else entirely as he mindlessly read the book laying on the table infront of him.As he thought of the approaching occasion,Shuichi's lips subconsciously formed a deep pout.

The ball was one of reassurance and celebration.Where only the highest classes,under royalty,of each kingdom were to attend as the East king announced the engagement and blooming relationship between the heirs.

Only during the weddings were common folk going to be allowed within the castle walls.Shuichi was not a fan of the occasion either way.

The raven haired heir felt sour for having no say in his future,being forced into a marriage.It upset him but now,it would completely sour his mood.

Lady Kaede,his fiance and the heir to the East Kingdom's throne,was a sweet and loving girl who cared alot for others yet...he still couldn't see himself being happy with the princess of the East.Why?He had no clue.

Who could he be happy marrying at such a young age?Giving his love solely to for the rest of his life?Who could rule beside him and help him make choices for the North Kingdom?Who would he trust to protect him with their life and make sure he's cherished?

Shuichi asked these questions over and over once he heard of his arranged marriage some time ago.No answer was good enough.No matter how much he thought,no one came to mind...except now.

Who would he give his love solely to?
The first person to come to mind was his petite peer.One who stood out in his thoughts all throughout the day.The fellow prince with dark purple hair and bright purple eyes.Kokichi Oma,heir to the South Kingdom's throne.

Shuichi thought nothing of Kokichi's intrusion in his mind.The South prince was loud and bubbly.He stood out against any crowd,and he just so happen to stand out against Shuichi's usually calm thoughts.