Chapter 8,"Flowers For You?"

Shuichi and Kaede, still had some things to go through, and hopefully their night spent together would do just that...

Shuichi,the prince of the North,sat nervously on the small,two person couch by the window.The silk curtain occasionally brushing against his clothes.

He wasn't comfortable,since he was located in his fiance's room,Lady Kaede.She was located on the opposite side of the room,in her bathroom.

The bathroom door was closed,and the only thing Shuichi could pick up was the gentle sound of Kaede's voice,humming a tune.He didn't dare look in the direction of the bathroom.

Shuichi thought that would be extremely unprofessional and rude.His face was turning pink just thinking about it.The room was extremely quiet to poor Shuichi.

His heart was pounding and he couldn't find any way to calm himself.He could think of nothing.The bookworm prince desperately yearned to go back to his own room.He didn't want to disturb Kaede's nightly routine.

Unfortunately,Shuichi had left his favourite book,gifted from Kaede,back in his room,not really paying it any mind.But now,he needed the book more than ever to curb his boredom and anxiety.

"I see you're uncomfortable,Sir Shuichi."

Shuichi heart skips a beat once he hears the familiar voice.He looks up and spots Kaede,who was exiting her bathroom.Her fingers combing through her damp hair as she closed the door behind her.

"Ah...m-me?No,I'm fine..."

You could hear it in his voice,Shuichi was indeed uncomfortable.

"Well,I wonder how the other two are dealing.Lady Miu seemed quite infuriated earlier..."

Kaede chuckles weakly,her gaze falling on then leaving Shuichi in a short period.

"I'm sure they're having a good time.If not,they're arguing."

The North prince twiddles his thumbs sheepishly.He could tell there was tension in the room,one he nor Kaede wanted to expose,naturally.

"So..."

Kaede says,breaking the long silence between the two.She continues...

"Are you...ready for bed?"

The bookworm prince felt his stomach drop to the floor,his face burning a gorgeous red.He knew he had to sleep in the same bed as Kaede but,the thing is....he didn't want to.

"Uhm...!No,I'm not...tired right now."

Shuichi looks to the floor,the gentle breeze of the night brushing against his neck.It sent an uncomfortable chill down his spine.

Kaede's eyebrows furrow in displeasure.You could see on Shuichi's face how very uncomfortable he was.The East princess walks over to her fiance and sits next to him,her movements stiff yet full of determination.

"You...you can talk to me,Sir Shuichi..."

She drags her fingers through her golden locks,her violet eyes staring down to her feet.

Though her words were kind,the mere fact she got even closer to Shuichi in their situation made the poor prince of the North feel even worse,his heart beating uncontrollably.

"T-Thank you,Lady Kaede...but im okay,really!"

Shuichi tried his best to smile.
It was the least he could do to ease Kaede's obvious worry.

"...Are you uncomfortable with me...?"

Words Shuichi didn't want to hear were said.Kaede's expression said it all.She didn't feel...like she was enough,which wasn't the case.