Chapter 6,"Double The Genius."(Part 1)

Breakfast was as boring as always,thought most of the heirs.It started then passed faster than the nights do.The adults were quite chatty and expressive while the heirs sat in silence picking at their food.It was a blessing they managed to escape that dreadful dininghall the minute breakfast ceased.

This morning was quite different from the others though.During breakfast,Lady Miu was nowhere to be seen.She wasnt even late,she just didnt show up at all.Miu's parents were of course worried.Was she ill?Hurt?

This made them send a servant to go check on their beloved daughter,only to get a report back,saying how Lady Miu said didnt feel like eating and wished to sleep in.The rulers of the West Kingdom didnt like the absence of their daughter at the table but...if she wished to rest,so be it.

Like usual,everyone split off from the other,except for Lady Kaede and Sir Shuichi.They decided to spend alittle time together,well...Shuichi decided he wanted to relay all of the story in the book he got as a present to Lady Kaede right after breakfast.

Kaede suggested they go to her room to discuss it so they arent disturbed.Shuichi,of course,agreed,excited to finally have someone to talk to about it.

They both sat on a beige couch that was placed against a wall in Kaede's room.Shuichi's heart pounded at the thought of being able to share his thoughts and opinions.

"I cant believe you have almost finished reading it already."

Kaede chuckles,brushing her golden locks behind her shoulder.

"I-Its not like im trying to get it out of the way or anything...I just...really enjoy it."

The prince of the North scratches the back of his neck, his cheeks dusted with rosy pink.

"I never thought that way in the first place,Sir Shuichi.There's no need to be so nervous around me."

Says Kaede,her eyes squinting to accompany that radiant smile of hers.

"I-I know.I do apologize.You are my...fiance...after all."

Shuichi's voice lost its volume as the prince spoke,the word 'fiance' dampened the mood of both the prince and the princess.

"B-But lets forget that for now.We do have many chapters of this installment to get through--"

His words were cut short thanks to the sudden knocking of Kaede's bedroom door.Silence polluted the air as the eyes of the heirs widened.

"Uh...ahem.Come in."

Kaede clears her throat after glancing at her soon to be husband who sat next to her.The door creaked open slowly and a beautiful woman with chesnut brown hair peaked her head inside.It was Lady Kaede's mother,the East queen.

"Ah.I apologize.Did I interupt something?"

The queen slowly enters the room,her gloved hand resting gently on the door handle.Shuichi's cheeks shine a soft red as his golden eyes dart to the floor.

"N-No,of course not,Your Majesty."

Mumbles the bookworm.
Kaede found this shyness of his cute.Judging from how Sir Kokichi and Lady Miu act,it was a nice change of pace.

"Haha~!Alright then.This means I can gladly steal Kaede away from you,Sir Shuichi."

The queen halfheartedly covers her mouth as she laughs,her eyes squinting.

"You dont have to word it like that,Mother..."

The golden haired princess pinches the bridge of her nose,her head shaking in disappointment.