Chapter 12,"Free From Responsibilities!"

A week came and gone.
Those days were nothing worthy of being placed in any history book of the ages.

The Heirs of the Four Directions did nothing but boring royalty chores on those days,and it was quite tedious.No one did anything about their boredom though...except the prince of the South.

Kokichi Oma,with boundless energy after his illness period,decided he didn't want to sit around for another day doing paperwork and listening to lectures from his mother.

He needed excitement,he needed adventure.Sitting still wasn't an option.So he came up with an idea.

The sun was asleep,leaving the moon to brightened up the star riddled sky.It was soon 9pm,nearing bedtime,as Kokichi decided to let someone in on his idea.This someone was none other than Miu Iruma,the princess of the West.

Right before bedtime,as the heirs were heading to their rooms,Kokichi stopped the dirty blonde princess to speak with her in the hallway.Miu was obviously irritated at first,until she heard the petite prince's idea.Shuichi and Kaede were already in their rooms so they had no clue what was going on.

"Sneak out?"

Miu repeats,alittle confused.

"What are you,a parrot?Yes,let's sneak out!Enjoy some time outside of the castle walls all night!We can return once the sun peaks its head."

Kokichi smirks,his hands on his hips.

"That would be fine...if we were commoners."

The princess of the West ruffles her hair.The petite prince was confused,and it was obvious in his rounded,purple eyes,so Miu continues..

"As royalty,sneaking out of the castle won't be as easy as you think it will be."

"Do tell,why do you think that way?"

The galaxy inspired prince queries,tilting his head.

"I'm sure there are guards on the nightshift tonight,like every night.We'll be seen,captured and get punished by our parents when they hear of what we've done."

Miu sighs.

"Hm.That is a good point but,I know this castle in and out.I have a way to get past the guards and the wall without alerting anyone.I promise you,we'll be back right before sunrise."

The South prince reassures.
Miu holds her chin in thought,her ice blue gaze falling on the carpeted floor beneath her.

"Alright.Im getting cramped in this castle anyway.What time do you plan to leave?"

Miu relents.

"Midnight.Where the night is at its darkest and the majority of people are counting sheep in their beds~!"

Kokichi chirps.
Miu shakes her head in mock exasperation,a smile on her face.She then asks...

"And what of Lady Kaede and Sir Shuichi?Will you invite them?"

"I have a feeling they won't be willing to join us.So it'll just be me and my gorgeous fiance!"

Kokichi laughs,patting the taller female on the shoulder.

"Ick.When you say that,it reminds me that we'll have to get married in a couple months.."

With that said,a cold shudder washed over the two heirs.A reminder of their future was dampening their moods.

"Anyway,just don't over sleep.Stay up until midnight if you have to,cause I want to leave immediately!"

Kokichi pouts,crossing his arms.