Chapter 5,"Helping Hand."

An hour passed and the queen of the East kept her word.A couple servants sorted out the little trip the heirs were to be going on.

It wasnt long before the four heirs were walking the streets of the common in search of entertainment.A normal shopping plaza in the kingdom.Four guards split into two groups,behind and infront the group at all times.

The eyes of the townsfolk attached themselves to the prestige group of royals as they passed.It was meant to be a calming outing but...it was more than awkward.

"Why did I agree to this?I feel so...vunerable..."

The golden blonde princess whimpers silently,holding her elbows.
There was no doubt they would be stared at.Their clothing,overall superiority and the four heavily armed guards surrounding them was no normal sight in the kingdom of the East among the common folk.

"This has all happened way to quickly.I-I havent mentally prepared."

Shuichi takes shaky breath,running his funger through his raven hair.

"Stop bitching.Its just a walk.The scariest thing is being scammed by some vendor."

The princess of the West fans her hand,her body language expressing her annoyance.Kokichi was mumbling something to himself.

"I wonder..."

He held his chin in thought as he continued to walk with the group.These heirs mostly stayed in the confines of their castle walls,so walking around their actual kingdom was something new to experience.

Kaede's mind was running wild.What could she possibly purchase for Shuichi that he would appreciate?It had to be an amazing gift to convince him she was an amazing fiancee.Or atleast thats the goal her mother wanted her to have.

Silence filled the streets as eyes continued to gaze apon the royal families' offspring.As the group walked,Kaede's eyes frequently and thoroughly searched each stall that stood in the street.Nothing was jumping out at her.Why did this have to be so difficult?

Kaede could feel the colour drain from her face as her head began to ache.This was not a good day.

"Lady Kaede?"

A high pitched voice sounded for the princess of the East.The voice was familiar.Kokichi Oma.

"Yes?"

Kaede responds,winded.
The South prince looks up at his slightly taller female friend,and continues...

"Is something the matter?You look like youve caught some plague."

Kokichi's cheeky smile creeps on his face.Kaede takes a heavy breath,hoping this brought some colour back to her face.

"Thank you for worring,Sir Kokichi but im quite alright."

Laughs the meek golden blonde princess.Kokichi nods then looks foward once more.This was bad.Kaede had no idea what to do.

The more time passed,the more Kaede's heart was eager to burst from her chest in anxiety.If she kept idling,this little 'stroll' will be over and she'll have to return to her mother empty handed.She was most afraid of disappointing the East queen.

"Your highness.You are falling behind."

The cold,almost dead voice of the guard at the back of the group startled the daylights out of our Kaede.Her soul almost left her.

"Eek!Ah....ri-right...!"

Kaede's voice shivered in fear.
She didnt even realize she was lagging behind,unable to keep up with her fellow heirs because of her overwhelming thoughts.