Chapter 6,"Double The Genius."(Part 2)

Silence.
A disgusting monster that emerges once there is tension to be had.
This monster loomed near as the prince of the North and the princess of the West sat at a table in the library to put Lady Miu's plan into action.

Miu was unusually quiet,her focus on the same blue covered book she gave to Shuichi awhile ago.Our bookworm prince skimmed through the work of literature without problem and,after picking up any needed skills,he handed the book back to the giftor,Miu.

A relatively large piece of paper was laid infront of the timid prince of the North.He obtained a pencil,and began his duty of drawing a cannon design plan that Miu was supposedly going to create.

The pencil lead slowly glided across the paper due to Shuichi's manipulation.As he drew up the plan,the more his mind wandered.Why was Lady Miu in such a horrible state earlier?Why was she so panicked?Did something happen?Why the sudden interest in designing a plan for a cannon upgrade?

The prince slowly turns his gaze to the princess who sat next to him.Miu's eyes glistened in the light coming from the window nearby.Her focus was still completely attached the book.

"What do you want,Sir Shuichi?"

Miu suddenly begins to speak,sending Shuichi's heart to lodge in his throat.How did she know Shuichi was looking at her?Miu didnt take her eyes off the book.

"A-Ah!I...I apologize for s-staring.Its...just..."

Shuichi lowers his head,his grip on the pencil tightening.

"Hurry and speak,im trying to read over here."

Miu closes the book she was reading,turning her attention to the fumbling North prince.Shuichi cotinued to draw on autopilot as he spoke.

"Why...were you so disstressed when you entered the library earlier?"

The prince kept his eyes down as his drawing continued.Miu's cloudy blue eyes widened.Its quiet,only for a second.

The princess then turns her gaze to a windown in the opposite direction of the North prince,resting her head in the palm of her hand.

"Its...complicated."

Mumbles Miu,the normally stone,cold gaze softening.The sunlight illuminated her face.Shuichi couldnt help but stare.

"I see.Is it....too complicated for me to understand?"

The bookworm places the pencil down,becoming enveloped in the conversation.Miu curiously taps the tip of her index finger against her lips as she pondered.She quickly lifts her head from in her hand and turns back to her peer.

"Not if I dumb it down for you~!"

Miu flashes a wide,arrogant smile.
Something you'd expect from her,right?But Sir Shuichi was aware enough to notice his peer's eyes.

Her eyes werent smiling along with her.An obvious indication that Miu's smile was indeed fake.Shuichi refused to call her out on it if he wished to keep his head.So,the conversation continued.

"If that'll make this easier..."

Shuichi shyly scratches the back of his neck,his gaze once again reverting back down to the paper which had a half drawn plan of a cannon's design.

Miu looks to the dark blue covered 'Cannon Structures' book she was reading alittle ago. This is when she began to speak with alittle somber in her voice.

"To sum it up, I was losing my touch. Coming here for this stupid peace treaty stopped me from doing what I love, and thats inventing. I couldnt help myself, I had to invent something."