Chapter 4,"A New Task."

The night passed as slow as the day did.The constant singing of the crickets could be heard echoing from outside as all the heirs laid in their beds,sorting all the events that took place throughout the day.

Shuichi found it particularly hard to fall asleep.It could be the fact he wasnt sleeping at home or the amount of stress put on his shoulders from today.

He stared at his ceiling for a considerable amount of time.All the scenes that took place that day flashed through his mind.

A smiling Kaede.An embarrassed Miu.A laughing Kokichi.All these memories made the prince of the North feel quite good.

Soon,the ceiling became such a bore,so Shuichi shifted and laid on his side facing the only light source at that time,the enchanting moonlight beaming from his window.

His curtains as light as silk blew in the gentle breeze as if they were dancing in sync.The stars shined brightly,complimenting the dark blue sky.

Tomorrow would bring a new amount of stress but not for the blue haired prince,for someone else entirely.

Sleep soon began to win over the constant battle Shuichi fought with it,dragging his eyes downward with a heavy pull.

Soon,the North prince drifted off to sleep.It didnt feel like long before he opened his eyes once again.

But this time,his room was covered in the glow of the rising sun.It barely felt like a second.He didnt even realize he fell asleep at first.

He slowly sat up,abit groggy.
He didnt feel that relaxed.Quite the opposite.His vision was abit blurry but that didnt stop him from taking the wonderous sight of the sun gently peaking its head over the horrizon.

He found this amusing.Since the sun always rose in the East and he was in the East kingdom,he would be treated to an amazing sight every morning.

Shuichi raised his arms over his head and let out a yawn.He eagerly wanted to go back to sleep.He felt like the amount of time he rested wasnt enough.

The room had a slight chill to it,like most early mornings do.The sun was barely visable,so the time was about...lets say....5am.

Shuichi swung his feet off the bed.The ground was slightly cold,from the lack of the sun last night,making his feet feel a small bit numb.

He stood to his feet,rubbing his eyes lazily.He was so use to his morning routine that he could do it all on auto pilot,but since he was in a completely different room,he had to be fully concious so he doesnt run into any walls.

With the intent to awake fully,he slaps his cheeks with medium force with his hands,causing them to turn a slight red.He takes a deep breath and mutters...

"Lets do this."

He heads to the bathroom that came with his custom room with more energy in each and every step.He opens the door,the metal knob cold to the touch.Everything around him was cooled,since the sun hasnt warmed anything yet.

He turns the knob and pushes open the door.He's met with the usual items found in a bathroom.He heads over the the bathroom sink and exhales heavily.

He lifts his head and looks into the large,divine mirror that hung over his sink.The mats,the walls and even small decorations in the bathroom had the theme colour of different shades of blue,just like his room.

Shuichi is met with his reflection.
His eyes were clouded and his hair a complete,untamed mess.He was embarrassed to see himself like this.

He grabs the handle on the faucet and turns it,letting water run from said faucet.He held over and splashed his face with cold water as he inhaled sharply,shocked by the cold.