𝟹𝟽

Authors Note
Here's the very short and not very interesting last chapter of 6th year.

Sorry this year was shorter than the others it's just hbp is mainly about Tom Riddles horcoxes etc and I know must of you already know that so I didn't include much of it.

***

All lessons were suspended, all examinations postponed. Some students were hurried away from Hogwarts by their parents over the next couple of days. The Patil twins were gone before breakfast on the morning following Dumbledore's death and Zacharias Smith was escorted from the castle by his father.

Seamus Finnigan, on the other hand, refused to accompany his mother home. They had a shouting match in the Entrance Hall which was resolved when she agreed that he could remain behind for the funeral.

Madam Pomfrey had healed the large burn on y/n's back and now only a scar remained but y/n didn't mind it.

The quartet was up on the Astronomy tower a few hours before Dumbledore's funeral. Y/n and Harry were standing near the railing whilst Hermione and Ron sat behind them, a bit away.

"Do you think Draco would have done it?" Y/n questioned as she looked out at the view.

"No." Harry shook his head. "He was lowering his wand. It was always Snape. And I did nothing."

Y/n put her hand on his shoulder and turned to him. "There's nothing you could have done. It's a hundred percent not your fault."

Harry didn't reply and he fiddled with the locket he and Dumbledore got from the cave that night.

"It's a fake." Harry said, when noticing y/n was looking at it. "Open it." He said and placed it in her hand.

Y/n looked down and clicked open the locket.

She pulled out a small piece of parchment and closed the locket again as she started unfolding the piece of paper.

To the Dark Lord.

I know I'll be dead long before you read this, but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I fade death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more.

R. A.B

Y/n read the letter out loud, Hermione and Ron listening from behind them.

"Who's R.A.B?" She asked Harry.

"Don't know." Harry said. "But whoever they are, they have the real Horcux. Which means it was all a waste. All of it."

Y/n didn't know what to say. She knew there was nothing she could say or that would make Harry feel better.

"It would be strange next year." She said after a few seconds. "Without Dumbledore as Headmaster, you know?"

Harry took a breath and prepared for what he was about to tell her.

"I'm not coming back, y/n." He said. "I've got to finish whatever Dumbledore started." He added and y/n listened closely.