𝟺𝟷

Authors Note
I know none of you probably care but as of today I am one month free of self harm. And I'm sorry I haven't updated in ages, I took a small break.

***

Everything seemed fuzzy, slow. Y/n felt her breath caught in her throat as she processed what she just heard.

She felt Harry's hand grip onto hers, tightly and he drew his wand.

Y/n came to her senses and took hers out.

Many people were only just realizing that something strange had happened; heads were still turning toward the silver cat as it vanished.

Silence spread outward in cold ripples from the place where the Patronus had landed. Then somebody screamed.

Harry dragged y/n into the panicking crowd. Guests were sprinting in all directions; many were Disapparating; the protective enchantments around the Burrow had broken.

"Hermione! Ron!" Y/n yelled as they pushed their way across the dance floor. "Where are you?"

She saw multiple masked figures appear in the crowd and then saw Remus and Dora, their wands raised and both shouting, "Protego!"

Y/n made eye contact with Dora, who mouthed, "Go!"

Y/n nodded and felt herself about to sob. When would be the next time she would see Dora? She can't even say a proper goodbye.

Y/n turned away from Dora and felt her eyes feel with tears.

Harry tightened his grip on y/n's hand so they weren't separated in the chaotic crowd.

"Hermione! Ron!" Y/n was basically sobbing.

And then they were there.

Hermione looked like she was crying and Ron was holding onto her arm tightly.

Hermione grabbed onto y/n's free hand. Sight and sound were extinguished as darkness pressed in upon her; all she could feel was Hermione and Harry's hands.

"Where are we?" said Ron's voice.

Y/n opened her eyes. They were surrounded by people and she had no idea where they were.

"Tottenham Court Road," panted Hermione. "Walk, just walk, we need to find somewhere for you to change."

The four of them sped walked up the wide dark street. Harry and Ron were still wearing dress robes. They were turning quite a few heads.

Y/n and Hermione were fine as they were wearing their dresses.

"Hermione, we haven't got anything to change into," Ron told her, as a young woman burst into raucous giggles at the sight of him.

"Why didn't I make sure I had the Invisibility Cloak with me?" said Harry, inwardly cursing his own stupidity. "All last year I kept it on me and—"

"It's okay, I've got the Cloak, I've got clothes for all of us," said Hermione, "Just try and act naturally until—this will do." She led them down a side street, then into the shelter of a shadowy alleyway.