Chapter 8

*2 days later*

Wanda Maximoff

I am woken up by the sound of loud ringing. Peter tightens his grip around my waist and groans. I yawn and open my eyes slightly. The sun is shining brightly through the blinds of the window. I look over at the night stand next to me and see Peter's phone ringing. " Peter...your phone," I mumble while turning back to cuddle closer to him. He groans again and just buries his face in my hair.

The ringing stops and I sigh in relief. But then it starts ringing again. I moan and Peter sighs in defeat. He keeps one arm wrapped around me and the other reaches to grab his phone. I stay curled up to his chest with my eyes closed, trying to go back to sleep. As soon as he picks up the phone I hear someone sobbing on the other end. My eyes shoot open and Peter sits up. " Gwen," Peter speaks into the phone. I sit up as well and he looks at me in shock. " Why didn't you call me? What the hell is wrong with you?! My bestfriend is dead and I had to find out from the news," Gwen cries.

I look at Peter in confusion and he furrows his eyebrows. " Gwen, W-," Peter starts to say but she interrupts him. " I understand that you're devastated too. But I deserved to know! God, I can't believe it..," Gwen says frantically. " Gwen- Wanda isn't dead," Peter states. " W-What," She replies shakily. Peter puts the phone on speaker and I talk. " Gwen...what's happening," I ask her softly. She lets out a sob and she says, " Oh my god! Wanda! You're alive?!" " Of course I'm alive, why would you think I died," I question.

" Just...look at the news," Gwen sighs before hanging up. I look at Peter and he seems worried. I turn on the TV in our room and the news is immediately on.

" We were informed just this morning that after the fight with Electro and Green Goblin. The Scarlet Witch died. All we have is this video an anonymous person took at the scene," The news lady states. A video then pops up. It is obviously being taken through a window at the clock tower. You can't hear anything but rustling in the video. But you can see Peter jump down from the tower in his Spiderman suit and mask. I am laying there limp and unconscious. Sirens are heard in the video then the person runs away.

The video ends and the news lady comes back on the screen. " That is all we have on the incident so far. We haven't seen or heard anything from Spiderman since the police arrested the two criminals. The town of Queens is devastated over the loss of their very own female hero. And we all send our condolences to Spiderman, our hero as well," The woman finishes. Peter turns the TV off with a frown. " Everyone thinks you're dead," He whispers. " What are we going to do about that," I ask him. " Nothing. It works out for us. No more superhero stuff, remember," Peter tells me. I nod with a hesitant look on my face. " Okay, are you sure about all this? I just want to make sure because I know how much you love being Spiderman and how good it makes you feel. And I don't want you to quit that for me," I ramble.

Peter cups my cheeks and looks into my eyes. " Wands, shh. Yeah, I loved being Spiderman. But I love being with you more. And if being Spiderman means I have to lose you. Then I'll quit, I'll quit everything for you. Because all I want is you. I'm not gonna lose you," Peter tells me. Tears form in my eyes and I smile softly. " All I want is you too," I grin. Peter smashes his lips against mine and I gasp. I kiss him back and he puts his hands on my waist. " Mmh, Baby," Peter mumbles as he pulls away. " Yes," I ask breathlessly.

" Remember on the bridge..when I was gonna ask you something but then everything else happened," he says. I nod and he brushes a strand of hair out of my face. " Wands I-," Suddenly there is a knock at the front door downstairs. We both look away towards the door and sigh. " Always interrupted," Peter groans. I stand up and put my hand out for him to take, which he does. " It's okay, we'll finish this conversation later," I assure him. We walk downstairs and Peter plops down on the couch.

" Why do I have to answer it," I scoff sarcastically. " Because I'm comfy," Peter says with a smile that makes me melt. I roll my eyes playfully and turn back to the door. I open it and I'm immediately shocked by who is standing there. I gasp and next I know Peter is in front of me. His arm preventing me from moving forward in a protecting manner. " Max. You're supposed to be in jail," Peter growls. I grab Peter's hand and he squeezes mine in assurance.

" They let me out...they knew that it wasn't me, it was the whole electricity thing that took over me," Max responds. He looks at me and I can tell he's guilty. " I'm sorry. Both of you. I know who you guys are. And I know what Flash did to you, Wanda. I'm sorry for everything," Max states. I smile sadly and Peter relaxes a bit. " Thank you...for apologizing Max. Really. I'm glad you're back to yourself now," I tell him.

" Of course...are you guys going to come back? As... you know, them," Max questions. " No. We're not. We're done with that stuff," Peter says sternly. Max sighs and nods, " I kind of assumed so. I have to go now. I'll see y'all around." Peter closes the door and I sigh. " That was...unexpected," I chuckle softly. Peter hasn't moved from the door, he is looking at the floor. " Peter? What's wrong," I ask softly. I cup his cheeks and he looks at me.

" Talk to me Pete," I say softly. " Do you think they'll let Flash out too? Since they let Max out," He mutters. I gulp and bite my lip. " I don't think they will, at least I hope not. But they only let Max out because the electricity took over him, but Flash...there's no excuse to let him out," I assure him. He leans closer to me and kisses my forehead. " You're right, like always," He mumbles.