Chapter 10

Wanda Maximoff

" Wandaaa," I hear Peter whisper. I keep my eyes closed and fake sleep. He kisses my cheek, then my neck, then my shoulder, then my nose. I scrunch my nose and smile. I finally open my eyes and Peter is laying there smiling at me. We are both still
naked from the events of last night. " I was having a very nice dream, that you interrupted," I tease. " Oh yeah? What were you dreaming about," He smiles. " You. Me and you. We got married. And we got a cat named Mittens," I blush.

Peter looks over at the dresser and my smile drops a little. " Sorry...was that too weird," I say nervously. Peter looks at me with a grin, and shake his head. " No, no, no. It's just...here," He says before standing up. He puts his boxers on and walks to the dresser. He opens it and grabs something. He walks back over to me and I am sitting up by now. The sheet is wrapped around my chest. He sits back down and hands me a small velvet box. I gasp and look at it in shock. " It's not an engagement ring...it's a promise ring. It's just a way of saying I'm going to marry you some day," Peter tells me, and I can hear the nervousness behind his voice.

I open the box and there is a beautiful ring in it. It's silver with a red jewel on it. I look at him and beam. I sit on his lap and kiss him softly. " Is that a yes," He asks me. I nod, " It's a yes."

—————————————————————————

Peter and I are walking down the street hand-in- hand. We just had lunch at this really good Tai food restaurant. " Wait so you've actually never had a boyfriend other than me," Peter asks in shock. I look at him and laugh, " No, have you dated someone other than me?" " Well yeah! Two other people, I dated this girl in middle school. Her name was Jamie. We were together for like..two weeks," He tells me. I giggle and shake my head, " And the other girl?" " Her name was MJ. We dated Freshman year for 3 months. Then we broke because she moved," Peter states. " Well good thing she left. Because then we would have never gotten together," I smirk. He smiles and kisses my hair, " You're right. I love you....You've really never dated anyone else?!"

" I never had time to! I was in school until I was 10. Then I was in HYDRA. I mean...I made out with someone under the bleachers in 4th grade. But then Pietro beat the kid up," I chuckle. " I would too," Peter shrugs with a laugh. I roll my eyes playfully as he puts his arm over my shoulder. We get to the house and walk inside. May is sitting on the couch watching the TV. She has a frown on her face. " May? What's wrong," I ask her with concern. We walk over to the couch and watch the news.

" Since the death of The Scarlet Witch 3 weeks ago, we haven't seen Spiderman at all. Fans of the female hero decided to make a memorial for her," The news woman says. It shows clips of a bunch of posters, candles, and stuffed animals against a wall. The news woman pops back up and starts talking again. " We hope to see Spiderman again soon, because crime rates have gone up in the 3 weeks he has been MIA," She speaks.

" That's so sad. What happened to the girl. That poor Spiderman too, he's probably devastated," May sighs. I look at Peter and he clears his throat. Suddenly a knock is heard on the door. Peter goes to get it and once he opens it he smiles. He moves out of the way and Gwen is standing there with a bag in her hand. " Gwen," I squeal, I run over to her and we hug each other. " I missed you so much," She exclaims. Peter closes the door and May is standing up now. " Why are you here? Not that I'm complaining I just thought you were at College," I ask. " We have a 5 day break. So I came to see you guys, Harry, and my family," Gwen replies while we pull away.

" We need to talk though," She states, while also looking at Peter.

————————————————————————

We are in our room, Peter and I are sitting on one side of the bed and Gwen is sitting on the other side. " What are you guys doing," She asks sternly. I look at Peter in confusion and he looks just as confused as I am. " What do you mean," I respond. " The whole ' Scarlet Witch is dead' thing. Are you just going to let everyone think that? You guys have to go back," Gwen says. " No. We're not going back. I don't care what everyone else says or thinks. We quit for a reason," Peter speaks frantically. I put my hand on his knee and he sighs. " Look, Peter I get you were scared. And Wands, I know you got hurt. But look at everything, the crime rates are going up without you both. And what happens if there was someone who was really dangerous that was trying to kill people or something. You're just going to let the police deal with it," Gwen frowns.

Peter grips my hand and I glance at him. Both of us have a frown on our face.