Chapter 20

"Mr. Jeon, where is your son, Wonwoo?" Asked Eunyoo the moment she arrived right in front of Mr. Jeon's house early in the morning, hoping that she could talk to Wonwoo.

"Wonwoo? He left early today. He said he's going to the rubber tree plantation. But I thought that he's going with you since you're gonna work with him?" Mr. Jeon gave her a confounded questioning look.

"Yeah.. I overslept, I guess that's why he left me." She lied while scratching the back of her head, giving Mr. Jeon a sheepish smile.

After Mr. Jeon had explained Eunyoo the way to the rubber tree plantation, Eunyoo started to walk. Mr. Jeon told her that it's gonna be a 20-30 minutes long walk since the rubber tree plantation are quite far.

"God, how far more? He better accept my apology or else my 30 minutes of walking would be really useless and not worth it. I literally came all the way from his house to this damn rubber tree thingy. My efforts, he better appreciate it." Mumbling things all to herself while making such ugly and annoyed faces.

Arriving there, she saw him there doing his works. She slowly walked to him while locking her fingers behind her back but Wonwoo didn't notice her standing behind him only until she cleared her throat.

He didn't even bother to turn around.

"What are you doing here?" He plainly and sternly asked.

"Come on, Wonwoo. We're not kids, we should stop fighting. I admit, it was my fault as I started it. Forgive me, please? And.. I promise I won't talk about rejecting Jinhee ever again." She said, putting her hand on Wonwoo's shoulder so he would turn to face her, but he didn't.

"Stop with the promises."

Eunyoo was dazed as her mouth agape hearing Wonwoo saying that with such low and rude tone to her. Even if he was cold to her before, but this time he sounded really agitated and disappointed of her.

He finally turned to face her.

"Yes, we're not kids. Only kids break promises not adult." He rolled his eyes, walking away from her, Eunyoo ran to him and stopped right in front of him, opening her arms wide to stop him taking steps forward.

"How old are you? We're adults so you should understand what I said to you last night. Promises could be broken when fate didn't go as you wish. Why do you want me to keep my promise so bad? What's so great about me? I'm the Seoul chick who complained every single thing about this damned town." She objurgated, crossing both her arms together while frowning at him.

"So you bring fate now?"

Eunyoo slapped her forehead right in front of him.

"God, Jeon Wonwoo what is wrong with you?! This all happened just because I talked about Jinhee. I was just saying the truth! She would hate me thinking that I came here ruining her chances to be with you. Am I wrong?!" She vociferated loudly, engulfed with anger. She couldn't control herself anymore.

"You came here ruining her chances to be with me? She never even have the chance even before you came here. Don't you get it? I said I never liked her, not even once." He rebuked as he walked closer to her, Eunyoo took few steps until her back bumped to the rubber tree.

"Okay, okay! But why would you even fall for a girl like me. It makes no sense! How could you just easily fall for me and not Jinhee who've been treating you and caring you for god knows how long!" She retorted him as she tiptoed, widening her eyes while furrowing her eyebrows in vexation.

"Didn't you fell for your ex easily too?"

That's it, Eunyoo couldn't take it anymore. She hate it whenever someone mentions about her ex. It's the last name she ever wanted to hear from anyone and moreover that Wonwoo is the one who mentioned it, it's only making her enraged and exasperated.