Chapter 26

Eunyoo prepared a lot of dumplings to bring for the potluck dinner event later. Her father's very proud of her since she looked very excited compared to the first time coming to the potluck event.

"Father, I think this potluck dinner with all the town folks is actually a good event where everyone in this town could spend their time together talking and laughing. You know, to create bond between one another." Remarked Eunyoo while smiling.

"You're right."

Mr. Baek stared at his daughter with a fragile smile.

"But Eunyoo.."

"But what, father?"

"Have you really made up your mind? Are you really going to leave and go back to Seoul?" Eunyoo can see the sadness in her father's eyes.

"Yes, father. It's for the best." She flashed her father a tenuous smile.

"Besides, mom emailed my resume to her friend and her friend is the CEO of the company. I was offered to be a human resource officer in one of the biggest company in Seoul, father. This is my one and only chance." She stated, though she's actually not really happy about it.

"Don't worry, okay? Because I'm gonna visit you during my off days!" She pulled her father into a hug.

"I'm happy to know that you're going to have a stable job. I mean, it's good for your future heheh. You can't have such opportunity like that in this very small town. It's a lie if I say that I'm not sad, of course I am. I am really sad but if it makes you happy, then go for it." Tears fell down Mr. Baek's cheeks and that eventually made Eunyoo cried as well.

"Father.." She hugged him tighter.

After the two settled up, they headed to the potluck dinner event and was greeted by the other town folks.

"It's been a long time since we last saw you!" It was Seokmin who vigorously yelled the moment he saw Eunyoo.

"Hey boys." She smiled as she waved her hand.

"Yeah, where have you been?"

"Sorry, I was just busy doing my own things." She chuckled sheepishly and that's when she saw Seungkwan just standing not saying anything, staring at her as if she's a threat.

"Hey, Seungkwan. Are you still feeling bitter about me?" She teased.

"What? No. I just thought that you're the one who's still feeling bitter about me." Seungkwan teased back.

"So, we're friends now?"

"Of course."

"Okay! So the drama between you two are settled now!" Gushed Soonyoung.

"I'm still sad with the fact that I missed the drama between Eunyoo and Seungkwan." Whimpered Mingyu and that made all of them laughed.

"Where's Wonwoo?" Eunyoo asked as she didn't see even a glimpse of Wonwoo.

"He'll be here soon."

"Oh! Heard that you just came back from Seoul with him. Did you two had fun? What did you two do anyways?" Questioned Seungcheol.

"We just visited the park.. Went to the book shop, tried a few rides on theme park and walked around the park." She giggled after finishing her sentence.

"Sounded cool."

Soon the potluck dinner event started.

"Eonni, the dumplings you made tasted very good! I envy you, I think I should learn how to cook from you as well." It was Jinhee who complimented her.