Chapter 22

"Oppa!" Jinhee called him as soon as she saw him walking while holding two plastic bags.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Okay."

"I.. I don't know how to start it. But, I'm sorry for bothering you all these time when I knew you don't actually feel the same way. I annoyed you all these time, didn't I?" She let out a sheepish chuckle.

"I hope you'll forgive me about it. I realized that I can't force you to love me back moreover that now.. You already have your heart for Eunyoo eonni. Actually, I always saw you both together. She made you smiled and laughed a lot. I couldn't make you smile no matter how hard I tried but seeing Eunyoo eonni just easily make you smile.. I knew from that moment, you have your heart for her." Jinhee's statement silenced Wonwoo, totally.

He stood there as he stared at her. He didn't know what to say nor how to react as he didn't expected Jinhee to be talking about this stuffs.

"You both shouldn't feel guilty about me. It's never her fault for coming to this town and never your fault for not feeling the same way as I did. But Wonwoo oppa, please.. If you really love her, please be happy with her. I ask nothing else but yours and hers happiness." She ended up smiling as tears slowly fell down her pinkish cheeks.

"I'm sorry for not feeling the same way. I tried to love you back long time ago but, I just couldn't. It just seems impossible for me to feel the same way as you did. I'm really sorry, Jinhee." Wonwoo put both his hands on her shoulders as he leaned closer.

"Please don't hate me, I still see you as a younger sister despite everything. You could talk to me about your problems, schools or anything to me anytime you want, just like before." He softly ruffled her hair.

"Gowamo, oppa."

"But please, promise me that you'll be happy with her." She gave him her pinky finger. Wonwoo flashed her a smile while nodding his head. The two then intertwined their pinky fingers as Wonwoo agreed with the promise.

-

"You're tossing the grains at the wrong side." Eunyoo quickly snapped out of her thoughts as Wonwoo said that right beside her ear.

"S-sorry."

"Are you okay?"

"I am. Why wouldn't I?"

"You just.. Seems lost. What are you thinking about? You didn't even focus with your works." Asked Wonwoo as he raised an eyebrow. Eunyoo let out a sigh as she continued tossing the grains to the chickens.

"I'm fine.. I just.. Couldn't stop thinking about this whole Jinhee situation. For the first time, I got entangled in this kind of situation. The emotions I'm feeling because of it, god. I felt like a villain here. Oh my god, it's giving me a headache." She shook her head.

Wonwoo sighed.

"Can we please put Jinhee aside? We've settled things with her and besides, Jinhee told us that we shouldn't feel guilty about her. It's just you and me now, why won't you just focus only at me?" Hearing how low Wonwoo's voice sounded, Eunyoo swiftly turned her head to him.

"I'm sorry, Wonwoo."

He sighed again.

"It's okay. Just, don't do it again. I want you to focus only on me when it's only the two of us." He muttered, turning his head away.

"O-okay.."

When the two are done feeding all the livestocks, the two headed to the tangerine farm since Seokmin asked them to help him at the farm when someone shouted,