Chapter 8

Bennie's POV:

I've never seen Lia this mad but now I think this is the maddest she's ever got, ever.

I'm holding Matt back while Alex is holding Lia back who is spitting insults at Matt making him madder.

"Lia," Alex says "Lia, calm down" 

She does calm down but she starts muttering insults under her breath in Korean.

I know they're insults because she's spitting the words out like poison.

Lia berries her head into Alex's chest and he holds the back of her head.

"Yeah, listen to your boyfriend," Matt says.

"Shut up, will you!" I scream.

It feels like breaking up a high school fight.

Matt sits down and laughs while shaking his head.

He tends to do that a lot today.

Alex is still holding Lia and I'm pretty sure she's still crying because I hear her gasping for air.

Alex looks down at Lia "Are you okay?" he asks and she nods but we can all tell she isn't okay.

Her eyes are red and puffy and her cheeks are wet.

There's knocking at the door so I run out of the garden and open the door.

The police are finally here.

"Good morning," the one on the left says and I let them in.

"Just in the garden," I say leading them to where Finnie died.

The police look at Finn and then Lia "You must be the girlfriend?" they ask ignoring Kas who's crying in the background.

"No, no, I'm not the girlfriend, Kas is," Lia says while looking at Kas.