Chapter 9

Kas' POV:

The female police officer takes me out of the garden and sits me down in the living room on the sofa.

My heart hurts but at least I'm not dead.

I try not to think about Finnie but I fail.

He's in everything.

The police officer sits down in front of me "I'm Delilah, but you can call me Del" Delilah says while grabbing a notebook and pen "What's your name, honey?" she asks me.

Del gives me comfort and I only just met her "Kas" I pause "Kas Igwe."

Delilah smiles while writing my name down "May I ask what happened this morning?" she asks "If you get too emotional you can, of course, take a break."

I nod trying to keep my tears in.

"I have no idea what happened," I say but my voice is shaky "I came downstairs to make breakfast for everyone and I saw him on the ground with his throat slit open"

Delilah writes what I say down and looks up at me "Why were you going down into the garden to make breakfast?"

"Mine and Finnie's room is on the other side of the house so I was going through the garden so I could get there quicker."

"Mkay," Del says while writing down "Was Finnie ever acting strange?" Del says "Do you think he was trying to surprise anyone?"

"He did normally go out early in the morning but normally he's come back with breakfast," my throat starts to ache as if I swallowed shattered glass and tears begin to form in my eyes "So I was trying to surprise him today." I begin to cry and hide my face.

Seeing Finn on the ground was not what I expected this morning.

I swallow the pain in my throat and Delilah looks up at me.

"Do you have any suspicion about anyone?" she asks, looking me in the eyes.

"Yes," my voice is shaky "Matthew, he started accusing everyone before you guys came," I say, quietly.

"How did he accuse people?"

"Sam came down late, Lia for mad for the first time and Bennie was apparently acting like the 'good guy'" I tell her.

"Did you and Finn have any issues in your relationship?"

I think for a while.

Did we have problems?

He was going out in the middle of the night with a panic attack.

"No," I say "He only went out late at night while I slept."

I bounce my leg to distract myself.

He couldn't have cheated, I would have found out too quickly.

"Why would you think he did that?"

"He would have panic attacks randomly in the day so I don't see why he wouldn't get panic attacks at night," I say, "I think he went out to calm himself down, "I tell hoping that Delilah would stop asking me questions before I have a panic attack.

"Did he have problems with anyone at all?"

"No, everyone loved him," I say.

"So you think it was a suicide?"

"There's no other way he could have died," I tell Delilah "He was holding a knife."

And suddenly my mind flashes back to his body next to the knife.

Why would anyone do such a thing?

Why would he do such a thing?

Delilah huffs and leans back "You can go now," she says "Go back to the garden, please." she demands and something in me sighs in relief. I don't know whether it was my muscles, my heart or my brain but it sighs. It's relieving.