Chapter 26

A YEAR AFTER THE COURT CASE

Tate's POV:

Bennie opens my car door and holds my hand while I get out "You don't have to do this" I tell him but he shakes his head.

"I don't care," he tells me "You're holding my child"

"We just found out, babe," I say and he shrugs while closing the car door.

We start walking towards the house "But what's the difference, you're still holding my child"

"The difference is my stomach is not big yet," I tell him "That's the difference and I don't have that many hormones yet"

Bennie opens the door for me and Lia is talking to Matthew in the kitchen.

"Hello there" Bennie says after closing the front door.

Lia looks at us and smiles "How was the date?" she asks and I look at Ben.

"It was nice" I answer.

"Tell them" Bennie says impatiently while sitting down on the kitchen counter.

Both Lia and Matthew look at each other and back at us "Tell us what?" Matt asks.

I try not to blush while grabbing a water "I'm pregnant"

"OH MY FUCK-" Lia screams jumping around " I CAN'T BELIEVE IT"

Matthew smiles "Congratulations, both of you"

Lia is still freaking out behind Matt so we all start laughing.

"Bennie has been doing everything for me ever since I told him" I say "He won't let me do things on my own"

Lia looks at us "Good, he better"

"I guess, but you better let me do some stuff on my own" I say to Ben.

All he does is shrug while popping a grape in his mouth.

"How are you guys?" I ask and both Matt and Lia look at each other.

"We went to see Kas today" Matt says "She's gone crazy"

"You guys still go seeing her even though she did that to us?" Bennie asks and they both nod.

"Apparently she got beat up yesterday so we had to go check, you know?"

Both me and Bennie nod until we hear a male scream.

We all run to the pool room where the scream came from.

Alex is at the edge of the pool in his swimming outfit looking into the water "What's wrong, Alex?" Lia asks.

All three of us get closer and see Queenie's dead body at the bottom of the pool.