A Small Step For Komi

Today is the second day of school. Hito woke up in his bed with a lazy expression, then he went down to bed and saw that his sister's bed was empty.

It only means one thing, she woke up earlier than him today, he stretched his arms above lazily and after that, he went directly to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth.

After doing the deed, he was now wide awake, that trick always worked.

Hito went downstairs, he saw that his sister was already cooking breakfast in the kitchen while Lumine was drinking a cup of coffee in the living room.

She noticed him and greeted him. "Good morning Hito-san.."

"Good morning Lumine?" Hito blinked and realized something odd about her, he could definitely read something different about her atmosphere.

"Onii-chan! Stop standing there!" Hitomi's voice made him snap back to reality.

"O-oh my bad."  He didn't mean to stand in the way.

Hitomi huffed and walked toward the dining table and put the dishes there.

Hito then sat down at the table, while staring at his sister. He couldn't put his finger around it, but something happened.

Not to his sister or Lumine but to himself, Hitomi noticed his staring and quickly said.

"What are you looking at onii-chan? Is something on my face?" Hitomi replied a bit concerned and started touching her face for something that isn't there.

Ah.

Something clicked inside Hito's mind, he could feel his sister's emotion, which made him feel at loss.

'What the hell is happening?' Hito asked himself in surprise.

Hitomi realized that there was nothing stuck on her face, then she glared at him angrily. "You purposely misled me didn't you?!"

Suddenly he could 'feel' her anger, which made him feel speechless, his mind was constantly thinking of what the hell is happening to him!

Hitomi stopped talking as she noticed the complicated look on her brother's face.

"Onii-chan?" This time she's really concerned about her brother.

Hito couldn't take it anymore and stood up from his seat. "Sorry, I have to go to the bathroom, I'll be back later."

After he left the dining room, both girls looked at each other.

"You noticed that right, Lumine-chan? Something is bothering onii-chan." Hitomi said with a frown.

Lumine nodded and replied. "Yes, something is bothering Hito-san, but I wonder what it is.."

Hito washed his face on the sink and then stared at himself in the mirror, there wasn't anything different from his face.

Aside from his black eyes, had now gained a little bit of gold, however, Hito didn't notice the difference because it wasn't obvious.

"What was that? How did I feel my sister's emotions?" If this happened back when he was still in middle school, he would have thought that he finally gained superpowers and he was the chosen one.

But, it was different now he has plenty of things to think about, like how did it suddenly manifest? Or does this ability have side effects?

Those are just two out of many questions that were on his mind right now.

"Okay…okay…calm down Tadano Hitohito, you got this…you can handle this better." He took a deep breath and started calming down.

After that, he went back to the dining room, where his parents were now present, and as they saw him they greeted him good morning.