Damsel In Distress

After P.E. class ended and everyone went back to their respective household.

Hito was now walking alone after he guided Nishimiya to the bus station, it became a daily thing at this point.

On his way to the same convenience store from before, he saw a girl that was surrounded by thugs. He knew he was judging them based on their appearance, but they look like one and definitely act like one.

So there is no reason for him to think that they aren't thugs because clearly, they do.

They made the girl feel uncomfortable and nervous, he knew because he could feel the girl's emotions.

And the thugs, he could feel their lust toward the girl, and it wasn't a pleasant sensation.

Hito was a normal guy, which normally he wouldn't interfere with, and acted like he didn't see anything.

Because that's a normal thing to do, to act like a bystander, after all, he wasn't the knight with shining armor.

He was weak.

But…right now, he couldn't ignore this and act like nothing, because the girl they surrounded looked really familiar.

Hito took a deep breath and approached them, normally doing this action would make him nervous, but right now he felt strangely calm.

Like he did this multiple times in the past, but he knew he didn't, but right now he was too occupied to notice.

"Hey, can't you guys see that you're making her uncomfortable?" He said.

Now, all 3 thugs along with the girl's attention were on him, the thugs were displeased by his interruption.

While the girl's eyes were visibly brightened, not to mention the happiness and relief she felt when she noticed his presence.

And that made him a bit confused, but he'll set it aside for later because for now, he has to get the girl away from these people.

"Hah? Who the fuck are you?" One of the thugs said irritatedly.

"And why would I answer that? Anyway, let her go, she's clearly in discomfort." Hito's eyes noticed that one of the guys was touching the girl's hand.

"Shut up, loser!"

Hito couldn't help but roll his eyes and thought. 'Is that the best he could answer? I mean, he's clearly lacking in vocabulary.'

"I will, but after you let her go," Hito added more seriousness to his tone.

"Why the fuck would I listen to fucking loser like you anyway?!" One of the thugs barked.

"First of all, you should listen because I am right, second why would you assume that I'm a loser? You don't know me." Hito replied with a slight mockingbird tone.

"Ha? You think you're smart for talking like that?!"

"I never claimed that, it was just you assuming that."

"Fuck you! Guys, let's beat up this guy!" And just like that the other two of the thugs nodded in an agreement.

Hito would normally be nervous in this situation, but right now he couldn't stop rolling his eyes and said. "You're resorting to violence because you can't win at our argument."

"Look out!" The girl he was trying to save shouted at him, as the fist was about to hit his face.

By his instinct alone, not only he managed to avoid the incoming fist, but also counter it with a kick on the thug's left knee, making him incapable of standing.